Quick look of the new Noctilux 50mm f/1.2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, Joakim said:

True but the 0.95 Noctilux is certainly not a vintage design.

Both 0.95 and  1.2 lenses are having DG design from the 1930s’... to me they vintage enough.  

Edited by jaeger
10 hours ago, jaeger said:

Both 0.95 and  1.2 lenses are having DG design from the 1930s’... to me they vintage enough.  

I guess there is no point in continuing this discussion but could you explain what DG stands for?

5 hours ago, Joakim said:

I guess there is no point in continuing this discussion but could you explain what DG stands for?

whether there's point or not, it's not your call to stop anyone talking.  while you trying to shut people up but then you ask questions.  wtf.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, jaeger said:

whether there's point or not, it's not your call to stop anyone talking.  while you trying to shut people up but then you ask questions.  wtf.

Step back and take a deep breath. I think things got lost in translation here. I’m going on a limb here but I think German is his native language. 

18 hours ago, jaeger said:

Oh relax a bit, I was referring to myself when I said there was no point in continuing the discussion. How you can interpret what I wrote as an attempt to shut you or anyone else up is just weird but maybe this is the state of online communication these days. 

So apologies if my post was so unclear it could be misunderstood in that way but you really need to learn some manners yourself.

Edited by Joakim

People just need to chill lol anyway...still no news at all on the nocti in Japan or Hong Kong :( wonder when it’s coming since some people already seem to be getting theirs. Looking forward to seeing more pictures posted! Thanks everyone who’s shared their thoughts so far.

On 2/11/2021 at 1:13 PM, Mr.Prime said:

I assume we’re all allowed one dumb question,

Why is this lens interesting, other than rendering (but that’s a stretch) if there’s already a Summilux f1.4 ? - it’s not even a whole stop of difference

Nostalgia.

The Summilux ASPH is only 17 yrs old - still a baby in Leica years

On 2/13/2021 at 12:33 AM, Joakim said:

Oh relax a bit, I was referring to myself when I said there was no point in continuing the discussion. How you can interpret what I wrote as an attempt to shut you or anyone else up is just weird but maybe this is the state of online communication these days. 

So apologies if my post was so unclear it could be misunderstood in that way but you really need to learn some manners yourself.

accuser accuses more.  smd.

On 2/11/2021 at 11:54 PM, jaeger said:

That's a bit like calling modern electric cars "vintage" because the electric motor was invented 200+ years ago. A pointless categorisation, though doubtless you'll have your motivations.

6 hours ago, convexferret said:

That's a bit like calling modern electric cars "vintage" because the electric motor was invented 200+ years ago. A pointless categorisation, though doubtless you'll have your motivations.

exactly! it's totally pointless to argue, the weakest link is on wikipedia