Post your Contrast picture here.

Doug A

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Post your “Contrast” Barnack Challenge picture here, from Monday February 8 to Sunday February 21.

Only one picture, taken with a screw model Leica camera.

Please say something about the picture and tell us which camera/lens you used.

• Like 1

Wind chime.

Leica 11, black, with 50mm Xenon. 200th at f2.2 on Ilford Pan F in Rodinal. Copied from a darkroom print.

I took an earlier view of this a few weeks ago just to finish a film off in a 11f and the result was better than expected. So I took it again for the Challenge because of the contrast between the inside and outside of the window and wall, with the windchime cutting through them.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Pyrogallol
  • Like 5

Brikett und Schnee

Snow and Coal

Leica I with fixed Elmar. Developing this week I realized that the lens is somehow damaged internally. So it lacks contrast and detali rendering.

yours sincerely
Thomas

• Like 5

I am exploring “Contrast”, from a different perspective, which is extreme Lack of Contrast,  which, indeed, is a version of Contrast.   What you see here is part of a massive city block sized construction project.  This is a huge pile of earth about 30 feet tall!  We had a snowstorm, which ended today as an ice storm.   These gentle blended low contrast curves seen on a cloudy day  conceal much,   Taken with Leica III 9cm. elmar f5.6 @ 200 Ultrafine extreme 100 in D76.  Neg shot with iPhone and color inverted.  “Mound in Winter”

Edited by Ambro51
  • Like 5

Having a blank canvas, I decided first where I would take my photo(s) and take it from there. The place of choice was a forest near my home. I love the way the beech trees thread into the earth and took inspiration from their feet adding the contrast of my own.

Leica IIIf ~ 3,5cm Summaron ~ Ilford HP5 ~ Spur HRX ~ Scan of the print. 

• Like 4

Oopps!

Just discovered this thread.

I have immediately prowled my garden (currently in lockdown) and shot a roll of FP4+ through my 111f. Processed and scanned immediately.

I just realized I am shooting outside the specified time frame, despite being able to post image in the correct time window.

In the interest of contributing to the continuation of this competition, I will post my image, but if anyone objects to my time error, I will immediately disqualify myself. Being in lockdown, I was happy just to have a project I could execute.

I shot six images that I could enter, the following image I have selected. It is the inner rafters of my neighbours carport (I shot over the fence).

Camera: Leica 111f + Canon Serenar 85/1.9 lens.

Film: FP4+ dev in Xtol 1+2 @ 24Deg C for 7 min.

Rafters

• Like 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica IIIf, Visoflex II, Elmar 65/3.5, tripod, Ilford FP4 Plus, Rodinal (1+50), negative scanned with a digital camera.

Quarantined again so I am limited to taking pictures in the house. I inverted the scanned image, converted it to monochrome, cropped it a lot, set the black and white points, spotted out a few dust spots and burned the corners a bit. If we were not limited to image manipulation that could have been done in the darkroom I might have been tempted to clone out the two little selfies that my wife - a far better photographer than I will ever be - saw instantly when she looked the the negative on the light table.

Fiesta Mugs

• Like 6