STA-1 14636 Tripod collar & R 80-200/4

dkCambridgeshire

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica R 80-200/4 lens /Novoflex R to L adapter plus 'perfect fit' Leica tripod collar STA-1 14636 with the Panasonic S1-R  ... balance much improved using the collar

STA-1 is the dedicated collar for the R 100/2.8 APO Macro lens ... fairly scarce accessory. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

BW

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
additional info
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Leicaiste said:

Did you cut it to adapt it to the red half ball ?

No ... Contrary to advice elsewhere https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/189551-tripod-mounting-ring-for-r-80-200-f4/?do=findComment&comment=2134919. ... my STA-1 fits over the red dot .. the STA-1's inside diameter has a recessed groove into which the red dot fits ... and the collar will still loosen enabling turning the camera through 90º for portrait format ... or any other angle through 360º . And when fitted I can still turn both the aperture ring snd zoom ring.

Furthermore, on another forum the STA-1's compatibility with the R 80-200mm f4 is mentioned https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/703345.  ... and where one post therein states the red dot s/b removed when using a Canon collar

My lens is a ROM version. 

BW

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

As I have both the 80-200 and 100/2.8 APO Macro, I am on the look out for an STA-1. The infuriating thing is that the first 100/2.8 that I bought from New Zealand and that NZ Post lost, included an STA-1 and the ELPRO, which the replacement didn’t. 
Wilson

1 hour ago, wlaidlaw said:

As I have both the 80-200 and 100/2.8 APO Macro, I am on the look out for an STA-1. The infuriating thing is that the first 100/2.8 that I bought from New Zealand and that NZ Post lost, included an STA-1 and the ELPRO, which the replacement didn’t. 
Wilson

Wilson, You'll be the first to know if I see an STA-1 before you find one 

dunk

• Thanks 1