PANASONIC 70-300/4.5-5.6

MediaFotografie

I see that the other Panasonic lenses which were released recently have very favourable reviews and there is no reason  not to assume that this should be true for this lens as well. It is competitively priced as well - perhaps Panasonic wants to boost the sale of their FF-bodies by offering good quality lenses at reasonable cost. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I can now answer my own question.

I works great on the CL and I found it superior to the Sigma 100-400 for handling and quality.

See posting on this link:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/321454-cl-tl-55-135mm-or-s-70-300mm-ois-macro/page/3/#comments

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This lens on a CL is pretty light and easy to grasp for something that goes to 300mm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2021 at 11:03 PM, Ktsa5239 said:

If I already have the lumix 70-200 f4 and a 1.4x teleconverter, would there be any advantage in getting this lens? Would it be sharper? I've read somewhere that this lens cant take teleconverters so its alittle too short for birding. 

I'm intrigued by the Panasonic 70-200 f2.8 Pro. I ordered it yesterday..

I'll be comparing to an R 280 f2.8 and a Vario Elmerit R 105-200 f4.2 ROM.

If I like it, I'll order the TC2011 and see how it performs as a 400 f5.6

Edited by Brian C in Az

13 hours ago, Brian C in Az said:

I'm intrigued by the Panasonic 70-200 f2.8 Pro. I ordered it yesterday..

I'll be comparing to an R 280 f2.8 and a Vario Elmerit R 105-200 f4.2 ROM.

If I like it, I'll order the TC2011 and see how it performs as a 400 f5.6

Would love to know how it performs in comparison to say the sigma100-400 as well in terms of sharpness 

3 hours ago, Ktsa5239 said:

Would love to know how it performs in comparison to say the sigma100-400 as well in terms of sharpness 

I don't have the Sigma 100-400 and have no plans to buy/try one since I was not happy with their 85mm DG DN Art.

If someone near Phoenix Az has one and would like to compare lens, I am willing to meet them.

6 hours ago, Brian C in Az said:

I don't have the Sigma 100-400 and have no plans to buy/try one since I was not happy with their 85mm DG DN Art.

If someone near Phoenix Az has one and would like to compare lens, I am willing to meet them.

I'm thinking if the IQ is on par with the 70-200 f4 +1.4TC , I might still get it just to save weight and get close focus 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 3:34 PM, LeicaS2 said:

This lens on a CL is pretty light and easy to grasp for something that goes to 300mm.

I agree it is light and easy to handle on the CL.  I just got the lens and took it for a test drive for a Friday night NFL game.  It was super easy to use, but the image quality was a bit disappointing.  Perhaps I will get better results at a day game (and yes I know this is not an ideal sports lens), but I did better with my SL and my R 180mm APO lens with (highly) cropped images.   Maybe Lica will produce a higher quality version of this lens, I hope that they do.  

• 8 months later...

Here are some unprocessed crops of two JPEGS I pulled SOOC into Microsoft paint. What a fun lens, it completely exceeded my expectations in the "fun" department, but it was not that sharp at the tele end and there was some (internal?) dust that I could not seem to remove and was effecting my images, so I returned the used copy because of the dust particle, not because of the "average" sharpness which honestly looks similar to many telephotos I have seen. Maybe I will try my luck with another copy as this was such a fun and compact lens especially when you factor in the good IS, 1:2 macro and compact size and weight.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

The lens is really sharp, the guy kneeling in the background is like 60 yards away and you can read his hat. Love the weight and size.

Edited by Shawn30
text
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After 3 weeks with this lens hiking in the Alps I can say: it's awesome and I love it.

Used this, my 24-105 f4 and a prime (50mm 1.8 or 85mm 1.8) and it's really really good. At first I thought: why does it have to be so expensive, it's just a 70-300, but it simply delivers.

Also, sorry for the photo spam below ;)

Edited by scrollt
  • Like 1