The 35mm summilux pre apsh image thread

rcusick

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow looking at this thread for the first time yet another 35 Lux pre asph Thread . 
interesting ? To me the shots from V2 lenses have a much better overall balance of sharpness and glow vs the V1 steel rim 

Somehow I think the earlier version has a lot more flair and softer in the centre then the V2 .

Playing with the new to me Summilux 35 f/1.4 (1972 build - what version is that?)

Summilux 35 wide open M10P

15 minutes ago, KFo said:

Playing with the new to me Summilux 35 f/1.4 (1972 build - what version is that?)

Summilux 35 wide open M10P

From the look of the very very heavy glow you have, it's a mid V2.... Black, plastic tab, no infinity lock. 

Nice shots... try stopping it down at F2, you will be amazed how sharp. 

Edited by Steven

5 minutes ago, Steven said:

From the look of the very very heavy glow you have, it's a mid V2.... Black, plastic tab, no infinity lock. 

Nice shots... try stopping it down at F2, you will be amazed how sharp. 

Funny, I was messing with that.  Completely different lens @f/2.  This image @f/2.8 looks sharp enough for people I hang with.  I was looking for that bi-modal kind of rendering from this lens.  My Fuji X100 had that and it was fun to use.  Over time I'll see if this is enough "glow" or just too much. I sure would hate to get in a hunt for the perfect...