Q2 firmware update

9 hours ago, AndreaD said:

Apple support says: “You can only import content to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can't export content to an SD card or digital camera.”. So it seems that it is not possible to upgrade firmware by exporting a file from the iPad or iphone to an SD card. 

On contrary to this it definitely works. I have always updated my Q2 and M10-P firmware using this method. Did this last Saturday when the new M10-P firmware came out.

First I go to the download page in Safari, then click Download. The firmware is then downloaded into the "Files" app that is on your iPhone or iPad. 

In the mean time, insert an SD card into the camera and format.

Once the file has been downloaded, insert the formatted SD card into the SD card reader, then plug it into the iPhone/iPad.

Start the "Files" app and browse to the Downloads section. Find your firmware update file.

Copy the file.

Using the "Files" app, browse to the SD card.

Once inside (can see DCIM folder), paste the firmware file outside the folder.

When it is done, remove SD card and place into your camera. Then follow the instructions.

Been doing his since last year, so it should work from iOS 13 onwards...

Edited by nuc001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’ve tried following your instructions but cannot get the firmware to download to the SD card. See the image below: I’ve formatted the SD card, downloaded the Update, copied it and pasted it next to the DCIM folder. But when I remove the SD card and put it back in the camera there is no firmware on it.  

What am I doing wrong?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!