Leica Q2 Vario?

mrgigi

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am also in favor of the Qx retaining the current form factor if at all possible. The fast prime is a great way to work, although if it were up to me I would have opted for a 35 instead of a 28, just because I am more used to this field of view and I like it more for the kind of stuff I shoot. I understand the logic behind the 28 and the fact that it essentially lets you crop aggressively all the way up to 75 and I would be OK with the 28, had the digital zoom implementation been more geared towards making the photographer’s life easier and more practical instead of playing to the rangefinder aficionados’ likes. I know I have mentioned it before (please  consider it just good ol’ lobbying!) but if they implemented the digital zoom like everyone else (i.e. zoom to fill the viewfinder according to whatever for one is using at any particular time) or even give us the menu option to do so, this would be the last camera I ever bought. (OK, maybe with a tilting screen!)

I'm in agreement with most here: fast zooms are large creatures and that's not what the Q is about. Over time we'll get to 100mp+ sensors with low noise and the crop will be the zoom for more people than it currently is.

Edited by tashley