Apo Summicron-sl 28

Daniel C.1975

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 minutes ago, cirke said:

A1 ? no thanks !  I am not an aircraft pilot

Typical reaction of the Leica user that watches the competition light years ahead in terms of tech. "I don't need it", "I don't want a computer in my hands", etc.... 

You know that you can fly a Dreamliner with all the avionics off ? But it doesn't hurt to have them when the storm hits. It can save your life.... 

Like you, I much prefer my Leica gear to any Sony, and I'd rather have a less advance SL2S than an A1. But if Leica offered my an SL2S with the A1's AF, video specs, such high low light perf with a 50MP sensors, and the readout speeds of the A1, I'd take it in a heartbeat. 

I'm sure you would too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steven said:

Typical reaction of the Leica user that watches the competition light years ahead in terms of tech. "I don't need it", "I don't want a computer in my hands", etc.

I have a A7R3  since 2 years with the best GM lenses, I am selling all, best files and within the best lenses , but the worst camera I have ever owned

for  the rest ... thanks I know very well

Edited by cirke

3 minutes ago, cirke said:

I have a A7R3  since 2 years with the best GM lenses, I am selling all, best files and within the best lenses , but the worst camera I have ever owned

for  the rest ... thanks I know very well

Nice. Share your experience with us. You’re sellling for what exactly ? And tell us why ? 
i need someone to remind me to be happy with my sl2s and not buy the a1

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Steven said:

Nice. Share your experience with us. You’re sellling for what exactly ? And tell us why ? 

the A7R3 with the 85mm 1.4 GM is what all Leica users like  soft and sharp at the same time , 3D,  boke perfect 

BUT this is the worst ergonomics and menu you can imagine

I like Leica's aesthetics and simplicity, no needs to think, I used to have a M and now a CL, I am selling all Sony for the SL2

Edited by cirke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steven said:

a Sony camera will not match the colors of a Leica period. I have both been in Leica and Sony, and the Sony could not match them in this regard. They make great cameras and lenses but the colors are different.

The new A1 has better auto White Balance than before because it has more red instead of green, but you will never have the colors as you have on your current gear.

When I had the Sony A9 with adapters to my Summilux 35 and 50. The results was good but it was not the same league as on Leica.

Edited by Mikkel Bigandt
  • Like 2

Sony a7R3 was one of the top selling mirrorless FF cameras.. not everyone is chasing the Leica look or the colors.. majority of the users/buyers don't even know there is a difference and they're satisfied with the rendering.. that said, I like the images from my SL2 a LOT better than I like the ones from my Sony a9.. unless it's that of a BIF which is where it truly stands out

jus saying..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steven said:

I would rather say "not everyone is chasing the Leica price point..."

Because, in truth, everyone is chasing Leica colours over Sony colours. Some just don't know it yet.... 

Sure.. they don’t know what they’re missing perhaps! 

1 hour ago, aksclix said:

.. majority of the users/buyers don't even know there is a difference and they're satisfied with the rendering.

So true. I knew and saw it the difference before being Leica, but to be honest, I didn't appreciate it as now (after almost 3 years)

16 minutes ago, Steven said:

Because, in truth, everyone is chasing Leica colours over Sony colours. Some just don't know it yet

Agree! Not everyone maybe, but most of them. "Some just don't know it yet" is just beautiful! 😂

Sneak preview of the optical design of the 28SL (and all others); looks very similar to the 35SL

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Steven said:

half the size of the 24-90

This can make such a difference. I always like the weight, feel, and mood of cameras that are bigger than lenses. 
Average or big camera size + small or standard lens feels well in hands, like shooting with an OVF. As it is since the past century. But the small mirrorless camera and colossal lens are more (I think) for the rear flipping display handle; I feel it a little weird to use EVF with such a combination. But it's me. When I think I may like the idea of SL2-S plus a 24-90, then I think about the size, and I change my mind in a few seconds. 😂

Half-size for the SL would be welcome by everyone 🙂 Let's see.  

• Like 2