Apo Summicron-sl 28

Daniel C.1975

2 hours ago, jplomley said:

It will be another year before one can be sourced, just watch. The roll out of these Summicrons has been nothing short of deplorable, one delay after another. I often wonder just how committed to the L mount Leica really is.

I think they've had plenty of time. Doest seem to me like they rushed at all 😂

3 hours ago, cirke said:

if it is the same price than the Q2  it is maybe a good idea to take a Q2 as 28mm for the SL2 

The point has been made even more impressively by those who have chosen a Q2 ($5k) in lieu of a 28 Summilux ($7300) to accompany the M10R (a combo totaling $15,600).

Jeff

• Like 1

I used to love my Q2. I loved it so much that I bought a 28 Lux for my SL2-S. Now I don't use my Q2 anymore. 

I see advantages of the 28SL over the Q2. Especially for SL2-S user. You will get way better AF than the Q2. Probably slightly better image quality. The possibility of making videos at 28mm, and of course, way way way way way way way better low light with your 28mm SL. 

• Like 2

vor 42 Minuten schrieb Steven:

I see advantages of the 28SL over the Q2. Especially for SL2-S user. You will get way better AF than the Q2. Probably slightly better image quality. The possibility of making videos at 28mm, and of course, way way way way way way way better low light with your 28mm SL. 

Hi Steven,

please let me ask: why esp. for SL2-S users?  I‘m thinking such beautiful lenses like all the Summicron-SLs are shining with the high-res SL2 much better.

Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MediaFotografie said:

Hi Steven,

please let me ask: why esp. for SL2-S users?  I‘m thinking such beautiful lenses like all the Summicron-SLs are shining with the high-res SL2 much better.

Thanks!

Especially SL2-S user because they have some major advantages over the Q2 that SL2 users don't have, or at least don't have to the same extent. They are: 

- serious video possibilities (not the case on the Q2, not the case on the SL2)

- extreme low light performance (not the case at all on the Q2, not really the case either on the SL2)

- better AF performance (way better than the Q2, slightly better than the SL2, and the AF gap between the SL2-S and the SL2 should get wider this spring, at least temporarily). 

Hope that answered your question. 

Not let's watch the SL2-S users agree with me, and the SL2 users bitterly disagree with me 😂 but they know I'm right. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Steven:

Especially SL2-S user because they have some major advantages over the Q2 that SL2 users don't have, or at least don't have to the same extent. They are: 

- extreme low light performance (not the case at all on the Q2, not really the case either on the SL2)

- better AF performance (way better than the Q2, slightly better than the SL2, and the AF gap between the SL2-S and the SL2 should get wider this spring, at least temporarily). 

Not let's watch the SL2-S users agree with me, and the SL2 users bitterly disagree with me 😂 but they know I'm right. 

Leica's SL2-Body (with Sony's A1-Tech implemented😇) & a set of SL-Apo-Summicrons (e.g. 35 resp. 28 + 75 resp. 90) would be the very best😇😇...

9 hours ago, Steven said:

I agree with Steven’s points, originally I had the SL2 and then swapped it for SL2-S and his points above match my experience. Superb results still with my SL35, 50, 90 and 24-90.

My SL2 also had issues with battery warnings that prevented the use of 4K video and high FPS when I still had say 50% battery remaining, many others had this also. So far my SL2-S hasn’t displayed this.

I was also slightly disappointed with the 47mb sensor regarding high ISO performance which it appears to be weak with (likewise the Q2), when I received my M10R this just compounded it for me as I believe it’s 40mb sensor is the better high res performer.

I also have a hunch that Panasonic will release their S2 and S2R this year and they have to improve their AF performance significantly to remain competitive and increase sales, the SL2’s 47mb sensor could therefore be a dead end in terms of significant firmware updates but of course it depends on your usage. 

3 hours ago, SJH said:

I agree with Steven’s points, originally I had the SL2 and then swapped it for SL2-S and his points above match my experience. Superb results still with my SL35, 50, 90 and 24-90.

My SL2 also had issues with battery warnings that prevented the use of 4K video and high FPS when I still had say 50% battery remaining, many others had this also. So far my SL2-S hasn’t displayed this.

I was also slightly disappointed with the 47mb sensor regarding high ISO performance which it appears to be weak with (likewise the Q2), when I received my M10R this just compounded it for me as I believe it’s 40mb sensor is the better high res performer.

I also have a hunch that Panasonic will release their S2 and S2R this year and they have to improve their AF performance significantly to remain competitive and increase sales, the SL2’s 47mb sensor could therefore be a dead end in terms of significant firmware updates but of course it depends on your usage. 

Conclusion: 

The SL2 + 28 SL is a similar setup as the Q2. The SL2-S + 28 SL beats both, by far.