Apo Summicron-sl 28

Daniel C.1975

Here. is an SL APO 35 SC equivalent.  I'm closer to the giraffe than before, and this is probably a more exact duplicate of the placement of the three objects in Steven's photo.  The foreground cat is blurred more than the background horse, but the degree of blurring in all objects still seems less than was obtained for the M 35 APO SC.

U1060005 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Here. is an SL APO 35 SC equivalent.  I'm closer to the giraffe than before, and this is probably a more exact duplicate of the placement of the three objects in Steven's photo.  The foreground cat is blurred more than the background horse, but the degree of blurring in all objects still seems less than was obtained for the M 35 APO SC.

U1060005 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Huge difference indeed ! 

On 3/5/2021 at 9:57 AM, Steven said:

Funny post, I did not expect that ! 

I am not paid or endorse by Leica. They make me pay for everything I buy, full price. The only advantage I get after buying so much stuff is that I am now on their high profile client list, and they call me to know if I want to reserve rare objects. Actually, while I'm talking about this, they just called me to offer me a black Noctilux brand new. They have only one left right now in France. I dont shoot 50s so I will turn it down. This is how I sometimes know about new products in advance too. 

Photography is not my job, I work in investments. It's just my passion. I love cinema and photography, so I invest in cinema, and make photos. You can check my instagram and see that I have been taking photos for about 15 years (I am 33). 

As for how I travelled from Paris to Bogota, my wife is Colombian, so we went three weeks to colombia to bring my kids to the in laws, because Happy wife, happy life. 

One last point regarding being a Leica marketer: don't forget that there are some Leica products I bought and I hated, and said it out loud. As you mentioned yourself, it was the case for the M10R, but also the SL2, the 35 Cron and the 35 FLE. Another point, most of my purchases are towards the used market. Not very profitable for Leica who wants to push their new products. And one more thing, I have also declared my love for some sony camera throughout various threads, in which I posted multiple side by side photos proving the Sonys were more capable cameras than Leicas. Oh, and if that's not enough, I also s***t all day on their AF system in the SL, which I hate so much. It's the worst. 

Unless I did all this on purpose, as part of an elaborate marketing scam ???!!! 😜

Hi Steven.  Thanks for your explanation.  It's always good too now ☺️.  You sound very impulsive and honestly - I really appreciate that tanks ☺️👍🏻 
I am a long time Leica M youser (and TL2 ) but I have considered SLs. Which AF lenses do you have for it ? 

I consider only using M optics  - maby one AF (because it allows you to change brand if the Leica SL / CL does not get better with AF) Then I would rather invest in, for example, Canon.  So at the same time I think I need to find the M lenses that are best for SL (L Mount) or another brand like Nikon / Sony / Canon. The new Leica M APO 35 I Think is ok ? 

Edited by Kim Dahl
Spell

1 hour ago, Kim Dahl said:

Which AF lenses do you have for it ? 

The 35 1.4 G Master...... mounted on a Sony A1 😂

I very quickly gave up on AF lenses for the SL2x. They are expensive, Big, noisy, and M lenses actually focus better. I exclusevily use M lenses on my SL2S, both for photos and videos, and I couldn't be happier about it. If I really need AF for a kids birthday or some very fast action day, I own the camera with the most advanced and efficient AF system ever made, for photos or videos, any scenario included. It's the A1. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1