Apo Summicron-sl 28

Daniel C.1975

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I‘ve found the below picture today in the LFI Gallery in the SL section. 
Seems that there are some 28 on the testrun. 

cheers

Daniel

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Archiver said:

Well spotted. A kit of APO SL 28, 35 and 50 would cover most situations. And cost a fair chunk of money, too.

A kit of APO SL 28 and 50 would cover most situations for me. And cost a bit less of a fair chunk of money, too.

Edited by MarkP
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, MarkP said:

A kit of APO SL 28 and 50 would cover most situations for me. And cost a bit less of a fair chunk of money, too.

I tend to favour a 35 in between, in case I want to go out with just one lens. Otherwise, and 28 and 50 would be grand. Several grand, actually. 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 10 Stunden schrieb hillavoider:

this has been posted before, apparantly the lens has been in the wild for ages. i've given up on the crons 

exactly, we saw this many weeks (or some month) before; I expact to see the 28 Cro-SL in the first half 2021 - but we have to wait much longer for 21 and 24, sadly...

Ok, sorry to post a known case. 

And yes, for me the 24 would be the next wish as for me 28 is to near to 35 and I won't double up my 28mm Summaron. On the other hand, just bought the 35 and 75, so a brake for my wallet might not be too harmful :)

But from a summicron-sl point of view 24, 35 and 75 would be my three-lens-kit. 

cheers

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Daniel C.1975:

🙂  everything is fine! I'm waiting for the 21 to build my set 21-35-90. Summicron-SL 35 is the best lens ever, a dream and fun every day

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Daniel C.1975 said:

And yes, for me the 24 would be the next wish as for me 28 is to near to 35 and I won't double up my 28mm Summaron. On the other hand, just bought the 35 and 75, so a brake for my wallet might not be too harmful :)

cheers

I stopped by my dealer the other day and placed an order for the 24SL, even though it's not in the catalog (doesn't have a SKU code) and likely won't appear for at least a year. I did the same with the 35SL - if you order it, it will come.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Archiver said:

I tend to favour a 35 in between, in case I want to go out with just one lens. Otherwise, and 28 and 50 would be grand. Several grand, actually. 😄

Also my general approach to one or two lens outings with my M system, but with more than enough MP on the SL2 I’d compromise.

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eclectic Man said:

There was a webinar this afternoon where the presenter stated that the f/2 apo Sl lenses at 28mm, 24mm and 21mm would be available soon.  to an official Leica presentation, but hopefully correct.

Can you share the link to the webinar?

Guys, the person who posted it tagged the wrong lens. Happens all the time on the lfi gallery. 
There was another guy who posted a lot of (beautiful) film m6 shot and tagged the APO 28 SL while he was using the 28 M Cron f2. I contacted him on Instagram and asked him to change. 
sorry to disappoint. 
but don’t worry, just a few more days left and the wait is over. It’s here ....

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Steven said:

Guys, the person who posted it tagged the wrong lens. Happens all the time on the lfi gallery. 
There was another guy who posted a lot of (beautiful) film m6 shot and tagged the APO 28 SL while he was using the 28 M Cron f2. I contacted him on Instagram and asked him to change. 
sorry to disappoint. 
but don’t worry, just a few more days left and the wait is over. It’s here ....

Do you have any idea about the size of this 28 Summicron?

If it will be of modest size, maybe I will update my SL 601 and stick to SL system...

3 hours ago, AZN said:

I sometimes wonder how much controlled leaks are used as a marketing strategy. Still, this lens should be amazing like the other APO Crons.