Review: Leica Noctilux 50mm f1.2

jonoslack

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 7/23/2021 at 12:02 PM, Steven said:

Edit: although I didn’t succeed to use this site. 

Here ya go...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, wlaidlaw said:

You often see this price for Schouten Select items. I think it is to invite negotiations but also to prevent "buy it now" 

Yes, this is an advanced tactic in collectibles: set a hilariously high Buy it Now price with offers accepted, even if only to track the market on offers.

3 minutes ago, ianman said:

:)

But ummmmm, have a good look at it before using!!!! There's no shark in this one but may be some extra content that was not on the original page!! ;)

On casual glance it appears just as the original, upon further review......

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ha! This is brilliant, I love it ! 
thank you for making me smile. And my photoshop skills are good enough to make it usable again. 
i didn’t end up getting the lens from Schouten, but someone else. It should arrive to its new home before noon tomorrow if the ups truck is on time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steven said:

Ha! This is brilliant, I love it ! 
thank you for making me smile. And my photoshop skills are good enough to make it usable again. 
i didn’t end up getting the lens from Schouten, but someone else. It should arrive to its new home before noon tomorrow if the ups truck is on time. 

Pictures please, Steven. 🙂

Pete.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steven said:

It’s not photoshop, I just edited the content and took a screenshot. It’s easy to do on almost any webpage. Just go into “developer tools” and edit the content. You can do anything, edit text, add or delete text and photos, change the layout, etc. If it seems too daunting just let me know what the price you want and I’ll send you a new screenshot in the morning... I’m off to bed now!!

i can’t breathe 

Edited by Steven
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Steven:

i can’t breathe 

Wow, awsome !  Congratulations for this purchase ! If you compare with the black version, does it feel much heavier or is it still well balanced on an M ?

27 minutes ago, Wonzo said:

Wow, awsome !  Congratulations for this purchase ! If you compare with the black version, does it feel much heavier or is it still well balanced on an M ?

It is noticeably heavier. It won’t bother me on my SL which is a heavy camera anyway. 
On my MP, I’m telling myself right now (by right now in mean the honeymoon phase) that I will enjoy the extra weight/stability. 

• Like 1

That's superb, Steven, the chrome 50/1.2 Noctilux asph on an MP3.  What dreams are made of.  All you need to do now is to pair the Noctilux with an original (1950's) MP in black.  They would be (even more) made for each other owing to the MP's frame counter collar and its genuine vintage style and lustre. 🙂

Pete.

Edited by farnz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Studienkamera said:

Get the sandpaper ready! Need to press a bit harder with silver chrome...

Seriously: beautiful lens, congratulations! Which model MP is that? I don't think it's an MP3.

Looking more closely I think you're right and it's a limited edition MP Olive.

Pete.

• Thanks 2