Leica Cooph Strap with Anchor Links

stephengv

The one caveat I can think of is if you like to carry your camera in your hand with the strap wrapped around it, the rope will probably fray fairly quickly.  With mine, I carried my Q nearly every day for at least an hour that way and the strap frayed enough to be an early warning sign of disaster.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:43 PM, stuny said:

The one caveat I can think of is if you like to carry your camera in your hand with the strap wrapped around it, the rope will probably fray fairly quickly.  With mine, I carried my Q nearly every day for at least an hour that way and the strap frayed enough to be an early warning sign of disaster.

Can you show us what happened to your COOPh strap?

Sorry, Stephen, I threw it away.  But let me try to describe it:  the colored outer covering started to fray at the juncture between the rope and the leather or leather-like ends, exposing the white, softer inner layer.  Once that happened the fraying of the outer layer sped up, and the inner layer began to fray.  then i replaced it.

I liked how it worked when I had it on my shoulder or next, but wrapped about my hand it was somewhat too bulky.

3 hours ago, stuny said:

Sorry, Stephen, I threw it away.  But let me try to describe it:  the colored outer covering started to fray at the juncture between the rope and the leather or leather-like ends, exposing the white, softer inner layer.  Once that happened the fraying of the outer layer sped up, and the inner layer began to fray.  then i replaced it.

I liked how it worked when I had it on my shoulder or next, but wrapped about my hand it was somewhat too bulky.

Thank you for this. So the item is not durable right? Thank you for saving me $ 

what do you used now?

It is no doubt durable if you don't habitually wrap it around your hand.

I'm back to the strap that came with the camera, and impact from the split ring is minimal after over a year of carrying it almost everywhere.  there are small, leather shields one can buy to put between the split ring and the body.