• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

M11 Update:  - The possibility of a previous design changed mentioned earlier on the thread seems to be an aborted lead. The M11 should look exactly like the M10, and have precisely the same dimension. Relief.  - No space for EVF and Ibis (confirmed) - Around 60MP BSI sensor with three different shooting modes for smaller files (confirmed) - New visoflex should be compatible with M10. It will have a slightly rounder design but not much smaller. Oled hi res EVF.  - No bot

Don’t worry - you’ll have to. 

Hello,  Those who know me know I have a very slim track record for upcoming product rumours, and that my source is someone serious. Here's what I got for you today !  1. The 28-70 SL F2.8 that I previously told you about here is still happening, but it is delayed at least to Q2.  2. The SL28 APO has finally been announced internally and is supposedly in the hands of reviewers... The end of the embargo is set for late February. It will cost 4600 euros and will be available mid marc

Posted Images

4 hours ago, SiggiGun said:

Waiting to play with the m11

The M11 has me curious also, and makes me wonder if this will hurt M10-R sales.   The M10-R special editions are starting, the beginning of the end for the M10-R but how long will Leica keep this M10 body style in the current lineup?  My own needs are met quite well with the M10-P, the M10-R added a few more megapixels that I found to be less significant than the highlight recovery and while everyone says the "R" stands for 'resolution" I think it more aptly stands for "recovery" of highlights.  If the M11 is  different in body style and/or evf, will it be significant enough to improve image quality or will it be incremental?  I know I could be perfectly happy with M9 image quality for much of my photography, the M240 added features and the M10 was a refinement of the sensor, mechanics and electronics.  And knowing Leica's conservatism in making changes to the M body I am guessing the M11 will not add features but add refinement, perhaps make the already best-in-industry menu system better.  I don't have any evidence except my own experience to back this up but Adobe Lightroom image quality improvements are more significant than I am finding sensor improvements with each new iteration of the M.  Nonetheless, I am curious what Leica will bring to the M in the M11.     

vor 8 Stunden schrieb darylgo:

The M11 has me curious also, and makes me wonder if this will hurt M10-R sales.   The M10-R special editions are starting, the beginning of the end for the M10-R but how long will Leica keep this M10 body style in the current lineup?  My own needs are met quite well with the M10-P, the M10-R added a few more megapixels that I found to be less significant than the highlight recovery and while everyone says the "R" stands for 'resolution" I think it more aptly stands for "recovery" of highlights.  If the M11 is  different in body style and/or evf, will it be significant enough to improve image quality or will it be incremental?  I know I could be perfectly happy with M9 image quality for much of my photography, the M240 added features and the M10 was a refinement of the sensor, mechanics and electronics.  And knowing Leica's conservatism in making changes to the M body I am guessing the M11 will not add features but add refinement, perhaps make the already best-in-industry menu system better.  I don't have any evidence except my own experience to back this up but Adobe Lightroom image quality improvements are more significant than I am finding sensor improvements with each new iteration of the M.  Nonetheless, I am curious what Leica will bring to the M in the M11.     

I have nothing to add. You're right. I am happy with all M generation. And LR helps a lot. However I love to see the incremental evolution especially concerning the ergonomic aspects. It is difficult for Leica to make a perfect camera better when the market is using new gadgets. My favored camera is the M10-D. Only essential functions but stand of the art.