BREAKING NEWS

Steven

4 hours ago, SiggiGun said:

Waiting to play with the m11

The M11 has me curious also, and makes me wonder if this will hurt M10-R sales.   The M10-R special editions are starting, the beginning of the end for the M10-R but how long will Leica keep this M10 body style in the current lineup?  My own needs are met quite well with the M10-P, the M10-R added a few more megapixels that I found to be less significant than the highlight recovery and while everyone says the "R" stands for 'resolution" I think it more aptly stands for "recovery" of highlights.  If the M11 is  different in body style and/or evf, will it be significant enough to improve image quality or will it be incremental?  I know I could be perfectly happy with M9 image quality for much of my photography, the M240 added features and the M10 was a refinement of the sensor, mechanics and electronics.  And knowing Leica's conservatism in making changes to the M body I am guessing the M11 will not add features but add refinement, perhaps make the already best-in-industry menu system better.  I don't have any evidence except my own experience to back this up but Adobe Lightroom image quality improvements are more significant than I am finding sensor improvements with each new iteration of the M.  Nonetheless, I am curious what Leica will bring to the M in the M11.     

• Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb darylgo:

The M11 has me curious also, and makes me wonder if this will hurt M10-R sales.   The M10-R special editions are starting, the beginning of the end for the M10-R but how long will Leica keep this M10 body style in the current lineup?  My own needs are met quite well with the M10-P, the M10-R added a few more megapixels that I found to be less significant than the highlight recovery and while everyone says the "R" stands for 'resolution" I think it more aptly stands for "recovery" of highlights.  If the M11 is  different in body style and/or evf, will it be significant enough to improve image quality or will it be incremental?  I know I could be perfectly happy with M9 image quality for much of my photography, the M240 added features and the M10 was a refinement of the sensor, mechanics and electronics.  And knowing Leica's conservatism in making changes to the M body I am guessing the M11 will not add features but add refinement, perhaps make the already best-in-industry menu system better.  I don't have any evidence except my own experience to back this up but Adobe Lightroom image quality improvements are more significant than I am finding sensor improvements with each new iteration of the M.  Nonetheless, I am curious what Leica will bring to the M in the M11.     

I have nothing to add. You're right. I am happy with all M generation. And LR helps a lot. However I love to see the incremental evolution especially concerning the ergonomic aspects. It is difficult for Leica to make a perfect camera better when the market is using new gadgets. My favored camera is the M10-D. Only essential functions but stand of the art.