BREAKING NEWS

Steven

Advertisement (gone after registration)

24 minutes ago, oldwino said:

I would worry, too, about packing all those pixels on a "small" sensor area. What would be the pixel pitch of this? Are we getting into micro 4/3rds territory, where the 20MP sensor started to make images that looked very "brittle" to me. 

@oldwino My understanding is that the pixel pitch of a 61MP Sony sensor is the same as a 26MP APS-C sensor. This is based on my understanding that the Sony A7R4 shares the same pixel pitch as the Fuji 26MP APS-C sensor and the Fuji GFX100 medium format 102MP sensor. Effectively these larger sensors are multiple APS-C sensors that are stitched together. Unfortunately I don't recall the exact micron measurement, but that should give a rough idea of what noise, dynamic range, and other specs will be for a Leica 60MP. The Sony/Fuji sensors are BSI.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Summicron 35 ASPH Black Paint limited edition coming soon. 

It will differ somehow from the previous BP summicron to make a distinction between the two limited editions. No confirmation on this yet, but the new one might and an integrated lens hood. 

Leica clearly wants to capitalize on the black paint madness. 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 10:36 PM, oldwino said:

I would worry, too, about packing all those pixels on a "small" sensor area. What would be the pixel pitch of this? Are we getting into micro 4/3rds territory, where the 20MP sensor started to make images that looked very "brittle" to me. 

The micro prisms would also be harder to make, they have to become smaller and hence flatter, and in the end, they'll vanish. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 1:40 PM, Steven said:

Not really a breaking news, or news at all, but I just spoke to someone. The M11 is in the wild, in the hands of beta tester. Meaning some folks on this forum are currently enjoying it 😆 

Is it confirmed the M11 will use yet another new battery type after all and not use the Q2/SL2 battery? 🥴  I keep hoping it's the Q2/SL2 battery but with increased capacity like Canon did for the R5/R6.

3 minutes ago, hdmesa said:

Is it confirmed the M11 will use yet another new battery type after all and not use the Q2/SL2 battery? 🥴  I keep hoping it's the Q2/SL2 battery but with increased capacity like Canon did for the R5/R6.

That would be a good reason on its own for me to upgrade. But as of June, I was told that it's the same mechanism but with a different size/shape. No idea if this is confirmed. I'm supposed to see the camera in mid September ... let's see. 

• Thanks 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Steven:

That would be a good reason on its own for me to upgrade. But as of June, I was told that it's the same mechanism but with a different size/shape. No idea if this is confirmed. I'm supposed to see the camera in mid September ... let's see. 

Lucky man 😉

On 8/30/2021 at 1:17 PM, hdmesa said:

I'm going to say that it's the new patented "BP-SCL7" battery that was leaked earlier this year on LR.

• 3 weeks later...