BREAKING NEWS

Steven

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, wattsy said:

Coloured leather aside (and easily changed), the camera looks timeless. However, the ugly "Leica HISTORICA" logotype looks like it is very much stuck in 1975.

If you remove the blue color and the Engraving, you've got yourself a regular silver MP. Timeless camera as well. 

Am 27.6.2021 um 15:38 schrieb Steven:

M11 Update: 

Here is what I know so far. It was reconfirmed to me that the new BSI sensor will be able to shoot around 60MP, with lower resolution compressed raws. Not sure exactly of the numbers but it will be something around 20-40-60 MP

No baseplate confirmed. 

Q2 style battery confirmed. 

Highest weatherproofing rating of any M yet. 

Low light capabilities will be unprecedented. 

No EVF confirmed. New visoflex with the same resolution and latency as the SL2. 

Now, here's the new thing I know. The designed will be different, and apparently, most of us will hate it. It is said to be smaller than the M10, but not in height, just on the sides. I am hearing the design will be more squared than round. The people who've seen have said very bad things about it so far. 

After all, the M10R BP might be the last great digital M. 

Regarding the potential new design of the M11 I am very flexibel. As such I suggest Leica should make it as close as possible to the MP3 LHSA...

Just a pity about the great honking battery cover on the front of the camera.  Same as M6 and M7.

I know Leica's excuse was no room anywhere else.  They didn't try very hard in the design department (?).

Don't know of any camera manufacturer making such a feature of this non entity. Anyway, it's there now and forever.

Edited by david strachan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Ash said:

Did you get yours from Schouten? I hesitated for too long on that one. I am still biting myself for that missed opportunity.

Nope. Got my BP from Setadel, and the silver one from an independent  seller in Europe. 
They are both gorgeous. But the BP is a holy grail, closely followed by my Kyoto. 

Edited by Steven

Am 29.6.2021 um 08:33 schrieb Steven:

Return ?! I've only returned three Leica items in my life. The SL2 (to buy the SL2S which is my most used camera), the 35APO (because it was so good that I feared it would send all the rest of my gear to the shelf), and the 35 FLE (because would would ever want to keep that lens). 

But, yes, I'm lucky, and I'm grateful! 

About that M10R BP, it's so gorgeous in real life. When you look at the screen, the black paint around makes the color pop even more. Such a pleasure to use ! 

Along with the M10R BP you might now need the 50 APO Summicron LHSA in BP - a dream pairing !  (although you don`t like 50mm ...)

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wonzo said:

Along with the M10R BP you might now need the 50 APO Summicron LHSA in BP - a dream pairing !  (although you don`t like 50mm ...)

I’ve been shooting 50 for the past two weeks since getting the Nocti. It’s growing on me for family portraits but I still don’t think it’s an awful all around focal length. Too restricting. 

i have the nocti reedition, the 50 asph Bp lhsa, and the 50e46 Pre asph BP. Am I set ? 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Steven:

I’ve been shooting 50 for the past two weeks since getting the Nocti. It’s growing on me for family portraits but I still don’t think it’s an awful all around focal length. Too restricting. 

i have the nocti reedition, the 50 asph Bp lhsa, and the 50e46 Pre asph BP. Am I set ? 

Sounds good !  Do you know the APO at all. Only 300 copys have been produced, btw 100 of the silver chrome copy. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Steven:

Cant find any on eBay 🤠

No provocation intended, Steven. I know that you are after rare, beautiful lenses and cameras. Just wanted to give you further ideas for your collection. None on Ebay, I know, but there are dealers, which might have one in stock ... B)

26 minutes ago, Wonzo said:

No provocation intended, Steven. I know that you are after rare, beautiful lenses and cameras. Just wanted to give you further ideas for your collection. None on Ebay, I know, but there are dealers, which might have one in stock ... B)

thanks for the tip. Will keep an eye on it. 

@Steven, as you like 35mm lenses, have you considered the stainless steel version of the 35 Summilux ASPH (FLE)?  It is the best made Leica lens I have ever used.  It’s made of solid stainless, so it is smooth and beautiful in the hands.  Unfortunately, only 600 were made, and they were paired with the M Edition 60, so you’d have to prise one out of the hands of an M60 owner, or buy the set …

It would have been my favourite Leica lens ever, if I liked the 35mm field of view.

Edited by IkarusJohn

5 minutes ago, IkarusJohn said:

@Steven, as you like 35mm lenses, have you considered the stainless steel version of the 35 Summilux ASPH (FLE)?  It is the best made Leica lens I have ever used.  It’s made of solid stainless, so it is smooth and beautiful in the hands.  Unfortunately, only 600 were made, and they were paired with the M Edition 60, so you’d have to prise one out of the hands of an M60 owner, or buy the set …

It would have been my favourite Leica lens ever, if I liked the 35mm field of view.

Leica will not make any further Stainless Steel lenses from what I am hearing.  Leica says stainless is too difficult to work with, but never say never.    It is a beautiful lens and I see them occasionally, they fly under the radar, iirc the Leica Store Miami did not mention them in their 35mm episode, I am not sure why.   

• Like 1