M10 Monochrom + 28 Cron V1 Questions

dkmoore

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

I'm going to purchase either the Elmarit ASPH V2 or 28 Summicron V1 as a small travel lens to compliment my 28 Lux. I am trying to keep the purchase relatively inexpensive.

Is anyone using the V1 28 Cron on their M10 Monochrom? Does it behave similarly on the M10M as other digital M cameras? I loved this Lens on the M240 and M9. 

My concern with the 28 Elmarit is that I will miss the f2 separation for close up street shots and portraits that I would have with the Cron. But, I think the 28 Elmarit is likely better in the corners because of the newer design and I would be using the lens for landscape as well.

Anything anyone wants to add I am all ears!

Thank you.

I've used the 28mm 'Cron (V1) on the M-246 and M10-M.  Works well, takes filters nicely (stacking a dark red & polarizer).  I've had issues with light leaks when using ND's.  Not sure if that's 28 'Cron related or M10-M related, or I guess perhaps both.  M10-M is at Leica and the light leak was one of things I asked them to look into.  

For the Monochrom's, I prefer the 28 'Cron over the 28 Lux.   I'm usually shooting landscapes with the 28's, so F5.6 to F11.  The 28mm Cron does better in the corners / edges.  I also have issues mechanical vignetting when using filters on the 28 Lux.  

Attached shot is the 28 'Cron w/ a dark red filter.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, John Black said:

I've used the 28mm 'Cron (V1) on the M-246 and M10-M.  Works well, takes filters nicely (stacking a dark red & polarizer).  I've had issues with light leaks when using ND's.  Not sure if that's 28 'Cron related or M10-M related, or I guess perhaps both.  M10-M is at Leica and the light leak was one of things I asked them to look into.  

For the Monochrom's, I prefer the 28 'Cron over the 28 Lux.   I'm usually shooting landscapes with the 28's, so F5.6 to F11.  The 28mm Cron does better in the corners / edges.  I also have issues mechanical vignetting when using filters on the 28 Lux.  

Attached shot is the 28 'Cron w/ a dark red filter.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Very nice shot. Thanks for the feedback. 

I reversed course and I am going to buy the 28 Cron V2 to pair with the Lux. I ordered yesterday in fact.  I would have ended up buying the metal hood for the V1 and that package would have ended up costing me very close to the V2. Thank you again and beautiful photo. Wish I could see it not on my laptop screen!