Mainland Europe Leica dealers will no longer send to UK

wlaidlaw

Advertisement (gone after registration)

12 minutes ago, pgk said:

So Andy, remind me, what positives have you seen since the 1st?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Am 13.1.2021 um 18:01 schrieb happymac:

Most of the dealers in the UK don‘t send their goods to Germany. Even before Brexit.

Over the years, I have bought quite a few items online from the UK (knifes, optical products to name but a few) and never experienced any dealer or company not willing to send to Germany. Quite the opposite in fact, I was always very pleased with the entire transaction. All of that was before Brexit though.

Am 13.1.2021 um 21:01 schrieb AZN:

FWIW in Australia GST (our version of VAT) is paid by the purchaser when the goods arrive.

Same here if you buy something from a non EU country (Switzerland for example). You are notified by the customs authority that goods have arrived and that they may be collected once VAT and import duties (if applicable) have been paid.

• Like 1

Anyone who was trading with or taking goods in or out of the EU before the UK membership, knew exactly what was going to happen but the lying brexiteer politicians just swept it under the carpet, as if it did not matter. Even the fishermen, who were supposed to be the main beneficiaries of Brexit are up in arms because they have to obtain vet certificates and food safety certificates for each separate shipment, which take longer to obtain than the shelf life of the fish. It would appear the only thing you can rely on politicians of any nationality or hue to do, is to FUBAR. 

Wilson

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Ah yes - so has Patricia. Still, with the present-day situation, she might apply for a new one to be able to visit the UK through the fast passport control lane.

I seem to be the only one in our family who doesn't qualify for both a UK and EU-country passport - through birth in Ireland, Irish parentage, marrying a furriner etc

3 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Tonight, to forget about covid, brexit etc, we have reaffirmed the immemorial custom of the English, which is to pinch good ideas from everyone else: haggis, neeps and tatties, and a glass (or 2, or 3, or...) of single malt. Here's to you, Rabbie.

Entirely agree with the sentiments. We've already eaten though,  so it will just have to be more malt to compensate.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

I seem to be the only one in our family who doesn't qualify for both a UK and EU-country passport - through birth in Ireland, Irish parentage, marrying a furriner etc

My wife’s mother had two Irish parents, so I think that she qualifies for an Irish passport. 

She could sail through EU fast lanes, but would have to wait for me while I queue for three hours to go through the “others” lane. Doesn’t seem much point. 

• Like 2