M10 Monochrome and Apple Fotos (Big Sur)

kegon

On 1/13/2021 at 2:37 AM, kegon said:

Hi! Anybody using Apple Fotos to store and edit the RAWs out of the M10 Monochrome? I can see them, but can't edit them... Neither in Luminar nor in Affinity. Would like to get rid of the Adobe stuff... Any workaround or suggestions?

I'm using both Capture 1 and On1 RAW as my RAW out of the camera photo editors and they seem to work just find with images out of the M10M.

I just tested and opened a M10M image in Affinity Photo just now and that worked just fine....I'm using the latest version.

Maybe you need to do the (free) upgrade of Affinity Photo to the latest version?

I shoot raw on all my cameras and so far, no problems with M10M images on the software I used.

I'm with you on the Adobe thing....I refuse to RENT my software, I gave up on them when they went fully with CC only and have not missed them in the least.

Today there are SO many viable, and in many cases, better applications out there than the Adobe offerings.

Good luck,

cayenne

Oops...just re-read and saw one different thing. You are using Big Sur.

I almost never use a first release of any software, especially the operating system...and I'd heard about application incompatibility with Big Sur...so, I'm hanging at the latest version of Catalina for awhile.

Once Big Sur gets to like .2 patch level or so, I might look into the upgrade.

I dunno if that's your problem....I shouldn't think it would mess with an application that much like Affinity which OS version you are at....?

C

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Cayenne:

I just tested and opened a M10M image in Affinity Photo just now and that worked just fine....I'm using the latest version.

Thank you for replying. That‘s interesting, can you also edit in Affinity? Don’t think it makes a big difference if using it running Catalina or Big Sur... Guess I am out of luck... I have two cameras now, which are not supported by Apple  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Yes I am able to edit in Affinity Photo, the RAW image...

Attaching screenshot with version number.

It's in a DMG file (the raw out of the camera), pretty much any software should be able to open it...?

Keep on trying...if it worked for me, it should for you too.

You might open a support ticket with Affinity, they've been helpful to me in the past.

HTH,

cayenne

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Cayenne:

Yes I am able to edit in Affinity Photo, the RAW image...

Thanks allot! After getting rid of all the Adobe stuff on my computer, it works now. Incredible how Adobe pollutes the system... Files all over the place...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, kegon said:

Thanks allot! After getting rid of all the Adobe stuff on my computer, it works now. Incredible how Adobe pollutes the system... Files all over the place...

Wow!!!

Now that is amazing....very interesting.  So, it was adobe causing problems on your Mac, keeping the OS and other 3rd party apps from working with M10M files.

Well, I"ve seen stranger things, but whew....that's a doozy!!

Glad you can work your files now...enjoy!!

cayenne

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Cayenne:

Hmm, the occurrence just before another occurrence is not necessarily the cause 🙂 But it seems so... For sure, the whole system got bogged down by this Adobe stuff... My computer suddenly is blazing fast...

On 1/14/2021 at 8:37 PM, Cayenne said:

Oops...just re-read and saw one different thing. You are using Big Sur.

I almost never use a first release of any software, especially the operating system...and I'd heard about application incompatibility with Big Sur...so, I'm hanging at the latest version of Catalina for awhile.

Once Big Sur gets to like .2 patch level or so, I might look into the upgrade.

I dunno if that's your problem....I shouldn't think it would mess with an application that much like Affinity which OS version you are at....?

C

I am using Affinity Pro 1.8.6 it opens and allows editing etc as normal on Big Sur.

On 1/15/2021 at 2:41 PM, Cayenne said:

Wow!!!

Now that is amazing....very interesting.  So, it was adobe causing problems on your Mac, keeping the OS and other 3rd party apps from working with M10M files.

Glad you can work your files now...enjoy!!

cayenne

I had forgotten how long it is since I removed Adobe and Microsoft products from my Catalina O/S, so it seems that is why I have no problem with Monochrome files.