Is there something wrong with my "new" M262?

medinfoto

54 minutes ago, otto.f said:

So, nice dealer! Treasure him. 

I will indeed!  Surprisingly the official Leica stores here in Europe seem to offer some of the best deals on used gear.  Found a nice Summarit-35 for 950 EUR from another Leica Store, while I could not find it for under 1200 EUR elsewhere.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, medinfoto said:

Well, I did just that, so hopefully I will be happier with this one.  Black with some light brassing, looks well taken care of.  Should be here late this week or early next so will report back!

I am sure I am not alone in wishing you good luck and lots of good photos with your camera.

• Like 1

Not sure what the particular cause/underlying issue is with that camera, but I have an old Nikon FE2 film body with a very similar issue.  It has an oddly shaped bump under the leatherette- it's actually the shape of a paper clip!  I don't think there's an actual paper clip stuck under there, and the leatherette looks original.  But it works just fine, so I've left it alone!    : )

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

9 hours ago, VicRattlehead said:

Not sure what the particular cause/underlying issue is with that camera, but I have an old Nikon FE2 film body with a very similar issue.  It has an oddly shaped bump under the leatherette- it's actually the shape of a paper clip!  I don't think there's an actual paper clip stuck under there, and the leatherette looks original.  But it works just fine, so I've left it alone!    : )

I think what you are seeing on the FE2 is something similar to what I suspect is wrong with that 262 I got.  I circled the part I suspect is the culprit on your camera in this exploded parts diagram for the FE2.

Well, the Summarit didn't make it here yet (thanks DHL...) but the M-P 240 showed up.   Charging the battery right now but everything feels and looks "right" so far.  Going to shoot some with the Ultron 35 this weekend.

• Like 2