Summilux-M 50mm Pre-Asph E43 OUTSIDE front diameter?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anyone know the outside front diameter of the Summilux-M 50mm Pre-asph? I have the Summilux-M 50mm ASPH edition in Black Chrome and I'm wondering whether the old 12586 hood will fit on the new lens? The solid brass lenshood supplied with the new Black Chrome edition weighs a ton! I think the 12586 makes it all feel a bit more balanced on the camera. The Black Chrome edition has an outside diameter of exactly 45 millimetes. Thanks!

53 minutes ago, PhotoEd said:

Does anyone know the outside front diameter of the Summilux-M 50mm Pre-asph? I have the Summilux-M 50mm ASPH edition in Black Chrome and I'm wondering whether the old 12586 hood will fit on the new lens? The solid brass lenshood supplied with the new Black Chrome edition weighs a ton! I think the 12586 makes it all feel a bit more balanced on the camera. The Black Chrome edition has an outside diameter of exactly 45 millimetes. Thanks!

There is at least one long thread about hood options for this lens - I would start there.

Thanks, but that threat is about the hood in combination with a filter. I'm wondering about the outer diameter of the pre-asph Lux with the 43mm threat. I'm guessing the outer diameter of the lens is the same, but I'm not sure. The Black Chrome Edition of the ASPH version has a filter threat of E43 and an outer diameter of the front side of the lens of 45mm. 

I haven’t got my E43 per-aspheric summilux here as it is away with Alan Starkie being serviced but I do have the hood. I don’t have anything more accurate than a ruler with which to measure it, but the internal diameter indeed looks like 45mm.

Graham

3 hours ago, PhotoEd said:

Does anyone know the outside front diameter of the Summilux-M 50mm Pre-asph?

You mean 50/1.4 v2 i guess. 45mm according to the Leitz specs.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you so much. Looks like the old hood will fit as well then. That will make quite a difference in weight. Now I only have to find a solution for the filter-hood combination and the the combo will be perfect. 

22 hours ago, PhotoEd said:

The solid brass lenshood supplied with the new Black Chrome edition weighs a ton!

I did not know that. Would you mind weighing it if you can? Just curious.

10 minutes ago, lct said:

I did not know that. Would you mind weighing it if you can? Just curious.

Mine weighs 61 g. 68 g with the plastic cap attached. 

A little less than a ton, but still too large for my taste, so I leave it at home. 😉

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2021 at 11:53 AM, evikne said:

Mine weighs 61 g. 68 g with the plastic cap attached. 

A little less than a ton, but still too large for my taste, so I leave it at home. 😉

It's been a while, but... I checked the Black Chrome hood against the standard Alu 12586 hood. On my scale the black chrome weighs 62 g w/o the plastic cap, while the 12586 weighs 25 grams. No a huge difference of course, but because the weight is at the end of the lens (which is slightly longer than the pre-asph) it feels a bit front heavy with the black chrome hood. The standard 12586 fits perfectly and makes the combination feel better in the hand.

Edited by PhotoEd