ACR profile for Q2M

4 hours ago, sincurves said:

I just did - no luck. I suspect there are no plans to create camera matching profiles the Monochrom (M10M missing as well). 

monochroms are considered a niche product - hence not being prioritized I would believe. Some other forum member/Q2M use mentioned to be very happy with Capture file handling.

They don't have the Q2M listed yet : https://www.captureone.com/en/resources/tech-specs/camera-support-leica but they have the other monochrom and Q's - had not the time yet to get the trial version and see it

10 hours ago, sincurves said:

Only Monochrome profile available in ACR (13.1) - any info on when Camera Matching profiles will be added?

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Only very few Leica cameras have a camera matching profile available. Therefore, I would not wait for it.

It is somewhat intriguing why CR pretty much stopped offering profiles to Leica cameras, while C1 for instance, seems to be trying to  remain updated. Lack of interest from users and demand or Leica being difficult to profile and/or collaborate with?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

To clarif

2 hours ago, nwphil said:

It is somewhat intriguing why CR pretty much stopped offering profiles to Leica cameras, while C1 for instance, seems to be trying to  remain updated. Lack of interest from users and demand or Leica being difficult to profile and/or collaborate with?

I have checked C1 v20 and it does not support camera matching profiles for most Leica cameras neither (Base Characteristics -> ICC profile).

Edited by SrMi

I did it a bit more testing on this. Surprised to see a difference in curvature (if that is the right word) in the OOC JPG compared to DNG. I thought it would only be the tonaity/colors applied to the JPG, but it is not. Subtle differences, but they are easy to spot when you A/B this in LR.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

10 minutes ago, sincurves said:

I did it a bit more testing on this. Surprised to see a difference in curvature (if that is the right word) in the OOC JPG compared to DNG. I thought it would only be the tonaity/colors applied to the JPG, but it is not. Subtle differences, but they are easy to spot when you A/B this in LR.

Hi Sincurvers,

could you please double-check/confirm that you did not set a tonality? it would show in the jpeg and not in the raw file, which imho seems to be the case here.

I just compared two images in LR - looking at screen left DNG , right JPEG , and yes there are differences but to me this is ...tonality settings effect

Hi nwphil,

The differences are towards the corners, it would be difficult to spot it in your boat image. Here is an animated GIF where I have tried to make the JPG and DNG similar in tonality in order to show the differences in curvature (bear with me if these are not the proper terms...). 

1 hour ago, sincurves said:

Hi nwphil,

The differences are towards the corners, it would be difficult to spot it in your boat image. Here is an animated GIF where I have tried to make the JPG and DNG similar in tonality in order to show the differences in curvature (bear with me if these are not the proper terms...). 

Yes, thanks for the gif - very likely LR/Adobe still is behind with a proper Q2M profile. From what i read, the camera processor should correct all that even for raw and jpegs. I remember too to read about some photo software that actually would allow you to see how the whole capture with a processor frame - meaning, pre-processing or correction applied. The talk was about the difference between summilux 28mm as Q 28 vs M mount 28 distortions.

yeah,  I can see the tonality difference very well, and not surprised. The slight distortion....a bit more intriguing, but a lot is to be said about LR default settings in preferences, as they can affect images even before you tweak anything

Edited by nwphil