Fotos app auto connection after the initial pairing

coolandrew

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey folks, happy holidays! Not sure why my post ended up in the Fotos channel instead of here 🤣, but:

Haven't found answer to my specific might-be-silly confusion 😂, thus post here: after the initial pairing of Q2 with Fotos app, what's the "normal" workflow for you to connect your camera to your phone? After turning on the bluetooth on camera, I always have to tap the camera from Fotos app on the phone, wait for the system prompt "join in xxx wifi" showing up on the phone, and click "Join" in order to get the camera initiating the local Wifi and connects to my phone.

Yet I read from the manual stating "The camera connects to the mobile device automatically." (after turning on the bluetooth) as the expected workflow, once your phone is a known device to your camera (i.e., you've paired them already). Is this indicating that instead of having to manually tap on the camera from Fotos, I shall expect the bluetooth connection to start the Wifi and prompt the "join in xxx wifi" dialogue on my phone automatically?

Thanks for any input!

Edited by coolandrew

not sure what exactly you have a question about....

ok, so the app is a mess, and Leica is saying that they will improve the connection interface...soon, and to be seen how much.

As it stands, the app with the Q2M, only allows to upload files from camera and remote control functions

After the initial pairing, leaving the bluetooth ON in the camera will always connect ( at least as been my experience) to the phone  in order to obtain gps data - drains camera battery too btw.

Once you turn off the bluetooth in the camera, you have to re-establish connection with phone again (not to be confused with pairing or upload or remote control function) 

If still confusing and need more detailed instructions use the app to ask leica and DO provide some feedback - if no one complains or suggest improvements, they keep on believing that's all fine