With the Noctilux f1.2 coming...

M10Alpine

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 20 Minuten schrieb NigelG:

... £10k but they start around £7k.....😀

Thank you very much, I didn't know that Rolls-Royce also builds mid-range cars.😉
You can hardly buy Mercedes S-Class limousines that cheaply here in Stuttgart.
But Rolls-Royce I only know from jet engines for passenger planes and your Queen's TV-parade trips.😀

1 hour ago, WvE said:

I wouldn't be too comfortable walking the streets with a 15K lens (mounted to an already expensive body).

Quite right too.  If you send me your 15k lens I'll walk it around the streets for you and spare you any discomfort.  (I would generously levy no charge for this service.) ^_^

Pete.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hope they bundle this for the USA with a new "cheap" all plastic non-rangefinder ,no meter , one time use, $10 film camera (throwaway)  ----an answer to the US tariffs. Pictured here are the "Vintage K" model and of course the limited "Princess" model.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, pedaes said:

How many people do you think will know it is a 15k lens?  A 1k TT Artisan 50mm f1.2 looks just as expensive .

Probably not many but that doesn't take away the risk of theft. Get good insurance or indeed use the Artisan instead (which will safe you a load of money).   

On 1/5/2021 at 4:04 PM, WvE said:

I wouldn't be too comfortable walking the streets with a 15K lens (mounted to an already expensive body).

A M10M is 7600€ stick a 50mm APO on it and voila you have attached 5000€ with a second hand lens and close to 13K €

The user version of the new f1.2 Noctilux  at 7k is still a huge loss, if you lose 7 or 15K is kind of not so important. Its the emotional part about it thats scary. Lets face it if you can buy it you can afford to lose it Its a totally unnecessary Bourgeoisie luxury unless you live off your pictures and most of us don't I suspect. 

I was robbed in Bogota in 2019 in broad daylight - 200 meters from Four Seasons Hotel so a safe good neighbourhood - Sunday 12.30 PM so Lunch. I had my M10D around my neck with a 35mm Summilux FLE - and Iphone 11PRO - 300 usd all they wanted was the cash. I gladly gave them my cash needless to say. 

I have been to about 120 countries in the world since 1970 when I was born. I have been held a gun point, got arrested, deported, but only robbed twice in 32 years of traveling the world. Madrid 1999 and Bogot 2019.

I'm not the least concerned with getting robbed and in France you can not insure camera gear. 

Edited by M10Alpine
  • Like 4

On 1/2/2021 at 6:42 PM, farnz said:

... unless it's appropriately liveried of course.  Nope, even 'hideouser'. 😇

Pete.

Rolls Royce and Leica need to collaborate.  They could make a limited edition Cullinan "Drifter," covered inside and out with the coveted Lenny Kravitz fake snake skin.

This vehicle would be instrumental in saving lives, too.  There could be a few of them outfitted with ambulance emergency lights, to be dispatched to the scene of 911 calls when someone has ingested a deadly poison. 

One look at the Leica/Rolls Royce Cullinan Drifter and the afflicted person projectile vomits out all the poison. 🤮

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Haha 1

On 1/5/2021 at 7:04 AM, WvE said:

I travel quite a lot, I go weird places but people spot and comment on my M240P, regardless how hard I tried to hide it.  It' black, has no red dot, I even duct-tape it and I think it looked very much like a beat up old fujifilm camera.  Oh boy, carrying a 20+ k system on the street require some good luck.

Edited by jaeger
  • Like 1