Monochrom 246 & Fuji X-Pro2 raw direct examples

IanS_?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

19 hours ago, Ccoppola82 said:

Album Link.  If you want more with a modern leica lens, just let me know.  It isnt any problem at all.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmTjtMKV

Thank you for this, is it possible you could share the raw raf & dng files via dropbox or similar (if you shoot raw) for the images of the stone owl on the table ? These seem to show the most significant difference between the two and I would love to run them through lightroom.

Thanks again for the time you have spent helping

• 2 weeks later...

If you can, I"d recommend you wait and save a bit more $$...and get the latest M10 Monochrom.

Its specs beat out the older 246...much larger sensor and even better dynamic range.

It would be worth the wait to save a bit more a bit longer and get the best you can get....I promise, you won't regret it.

cayenne

On 12/30/2020 at 5:19 AM, sergiomarried said:

Hi there! I will share my 2 cents in this occasion: I’ve been a long time user in the past of X-Pro2 Fuji cameras and after some time I fully migrated to Leica gear exclusively. I’m using a Q + M10 Monochrom combo nowadays so I can give you my opinion: Don’t expect photographic miracles when it comes to any of this gear, which are at the end of the day TOOLS. Now, having said that because I feel it’s always important to remember, I can tell you that Leica M cameras will give you the most connected unique experience in the capturing process and potentially outstanding results. I shoot professionally with them and I will tell you that the Monochrom is probably the most challenging camera to use and at the same time the most amazing if you dare to tame it. It will require you to go above and beyond your current skills, at all levels both technically and visually, but it’s the best possible tool if it fits the kind of photography you make and if you look for this more “handcrafted” approach let’s say... I can already tell you that M lenses are the best fit but I have other 3rd party which work fine as well, so take that into account economically... I’ve had beautiful B&W done with my Fuji X-Pro2 (check out my web for examples www.sergiocasadofoto.com ) but the Leica Monochrom (M10M in my case) is something else, to me is the closest your can get to the true film experience (which will never be the same) just knowing that exposing for highlights is a must, more than ever with this special camera. Anyway, sorry for the long answer, I hope it helped, here’s a recent example if you want to see how the M10M handles in real event, in this case a concert: Concert Example M10 Monochrome

I used Leica Q + M10 Monochrom with 50 Lux Aspherical 

Good luck!

Sergio

Nice shots!!

Might I ask what lens(es) you used for the concert shots?

Thank you in advance,

C

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 1/14/2021 at 8:37 PM, Cayenne said:

If you can, I"d recommend you wait and save a bit more $$...and get the latest M10 Monochrom.

Its specs beat out the older 246...much larger sensor and even better dynamic range.

It would be worth the wait to save a bit more a bit longer and get the best you can get....I promise, you won't regret it.

cayenne

Hello,

It would take a long time to save from £3.5K to £7.5K only to realise the extra resolution will probably need v.expensive glass to do it justice. I think when I got to £5K I would not be able to resist a Q2 M. You say a much larger sensor, I assume you mean more MP ?

Thanks

On 1/16/2021 at 5:46 PM, IanS_? said:

Hello,

It would take a long time to save from £3.5K to £7.5K only to realise the extra resolution will probably need v.expensive glass to do it justice. I think when I got to £5K I would not be able to resist a Q2 M. You say a much larger sensor, I assume you mean more MP ?

Thanks

That's a very sensible response. You could get a great deal of enjoyment out of an M246 (or even an M9M).

Not quite sure why but Cayenne seems fixated by telling people not to buy a Monochrom now but to save up for an M10M. It's quite bizarre.

Ernst