Calonox View USB-C port has strange limitation

Shimo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 22 Stunden schrieb WimDel:

Yes I noticed that too, while scanning the sky for migratory birds. Indeed using B-mode calibration certainly made a difference. Although I find it not the most comfortable way of calibrating, constantly putting the lenscap on and off. 

Do you get another result (or at least the same as with B), when you press the plus button in order to force a recalibration in A mode?

Edited by beosoundfan_

53 minutes ago, beosoundfan_ said:

Do you get another result (or at least the same as with B), when you press the plus button in order to force a recalibration in A mode?

I found that doing an A or M mode calibration actually made the artefact return LOL

I was on the phone to the head of Leica in the UK the other day. He checked his device (which actually used to be mine) and it is exactly the same. He said it was normal.

CB

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am having issues trying to get my Android App and my View to mate up and receive the latest Firmware update

I have Pulsar also and have no issues with them but this Calonox when I tap the connect button on App goes to my wifi setting page in my phone 

Peter - New Zealand

2 hours ago, NZWatcher said:

Hi

I am having issues trying to get my Android App and my View to mate up and receive the latest Firmware update

I have Pulsar also and have no issues with them but this Calonox when I tap the connect button on App goes to my wifi setting page in my phone 

Peter - New Zealand

Hi Peter,  the Leica Calonox View creates a WiFi hotspot of its own which you need to connect your device to. That’s why it’s taking you to the settings page.

CB

7 hours ago, cloudburst said:

Hi Peter,  the Leica Calonox View creates a WiFi hotspot of its own which you need to connect your device to. That’s why it’s taking you to the settings page.

CB

I will try again and let you know - so should I disconnect from my home Wifi

I did also note that it would not get as far as it did if my Mobile connection was on

I have done all the Pulsars before with no issues 

26 minutes ago, NZWatcher said:

I will try again and let you know - so should I disconnect from my home Wifi

I did also note that it would not get as far as it did if my Mobile connection was on

I have done all the Pulsars before with no issues 

Yep. Turn on Wifi on the Calonox and then connect to that Wifi network instead of the one you normally connect to.

Then start the app, go to device storage to see the photos you’ve taken.

Then, once finished, connect back to your original Wifi network and turn Wifi off on the Calonox.

CB

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, cloudburst said:

Yep. Turn on Wifi on the Calonox and then connect to that Wifi network instead of the one you normally connect to.

Then start the app, go to device storage to see the photos you’ve taken.

Then, once finished, connect back to your original Wifi network and turn Wifi off on the Calonox.

CB

No

Tried many options for 20 mins or more

I can get live coverage over app - I can find Files with photos and Vids (but not via the two main Buttons on App Dashboard - need to go to Files Folders)

So - I go to the Gear wheel

That take me to the next page of App

Asks for Password and ssid # ) so put them in from unit

When I click on next button asking for Choose  Firmware - it goes to a File log like Explorer and shows all my other Apps in phone etc

Nothing happens if i click Start upgrade

Something is not Mating up between the two 

Also how does my App get the latest Firmware update if not connected to my ISP Wifi (I tried having both Calonox and my ISP Wifi connected at same time but it was not I think

9 hours ago, NZWatcher said:

No

Tried many options for 20 mins or more

I can get live coverage over app - I can find Files with photos and Vids (but not via the two main Buttons on App Dashboard - need to go to Files Folders)

So - I go to the Gear wheel

That take me to the next page of App

Asks for Password and ssid # ) so put them in from unit

When I click on next button asking for Choose  Firmware - it goes to a File log like Explorer and shows all my other Apps in phone etc

Nothing happens if i click Start upgrade

Something is not Mating up between the two 

Also how does my App get the latest Firmware update if not connected to my ISP Wifi (I tried having both Calonox and my ISP Wifi connected at same time but it was not I think

You would have to separately obtain the firmware update file from Leica (assuming a later version to what you have exists) and place that in your Android filesystem. Then point to it from the firmware update process in the Calonox app.

This (manual) process is fairly common for firmware updates and is what I’m familiar with doing for various synthesizers, network boxes etc that I have.

So you can at least connect to your camera and retrieve photos. That’s progress. You won’t be able to connect to two Wifi networks at once, so no point in trying.

As a matter of interest, what is driving you to want to update your firmware?

CB

Edited by cloudburst

5 hours ago, NZWatcher said:

Why do I want to do update

There is a slight blur in the middle of my picture (like a smudge/finger mark on from lens)

I also thought there looks to be a May 2021 Firmware update to be had ??

Interesting re May 2021 firmware update. Can you provide a link to this info, as I hadn’t been aware.

Ref the smudge - is this a circular area, centred horizontally and just higher than centre vertically? If so, then it’s not just your unit - we all have it and I too hope an update may cure. Meanwhile a B-mode calibration temporarily sorts it for me.

CB 

12 hours ago, cloudburst said:

Interesting re May 2021 firmware update. Can you provide a link to this info, as I hadn’t been aware.

Ref the smudge - is this a circular area, centred horizontally and just higher than centre vertically? If so, then it’s not just your unit - we all have it and I too hope an update may cure. Meanwhile a B-mode calibration temporarily sorts it for me.

CB 

I will look again - I may have been mistaken about Firmware May 21 ??

OK - I will try the (I presume you meaning Semi Auto Calibration and not Auto) calibration 

Thanks for your assistance - maybe there is no update and that is why my App wont move to next step

On 6/9/2021 at 10:18 AM, NZWatcher said:

Hi

Peter - New Zealand

Hi NZWatcher,

Same problem for me : impossible to connect my Leica Calonox App on my smartphone (Nokia, Android 10) with the Calonox View device ! In fact, smartphone and Calonox View look connected (info "connected, no internet access" on my smartphone), but I can not activate the Leica Calonox App on my smartphone (the WiFi button of the app remains gray !)

But I could connect the App and use it with an iPhone/IOS !! (And BTW I now have the right date on my photos/videos transferred to my laptop with USB-C cable !)

I sent a message to app-support@leica-camera.com, hopping for help... I will report if Leica finds a solution.

On 5/3/2021 at 8:58 PM, beosoundfan_ said:

Hi cloudburst,

I just received my Calonox a week ago. It has the build date 2021-04-20. Even it has the same specs as your replacement, I have the exact same issues as you had with your first Calonox. When I switch it off and then on:

• Zoom reverts back to x1
  • Brightness level (and icon) reverts to level 4 (very annoying)
  • Heat display mode (eg. Red Hot) is retained, however, icon in menu and status header reverts wrongly to White Hot
  • Contrast reverts to level 1 and has no function at all
  • Video out (if selected) remains on, however, menu slider says off and icon in status header has disappeared
  • Calibration Mode reverts to Auto
  • Connected to a mac it does not detect the Calonox (no drive icon ist shown or mapped)

I am a bit frustrated that this happens even to the latest version. Propably I have to go the same way as you and get in contact with the support. Does anyone have the same issues? Is yours really fixed? Or is it a SW-bug?

GUI: 5.0
SYS: 20200729194
Boot: V1.3
FPGA: 229
HW: V50B

Regards
Beo

Hi beosoundfan_ (and cloudburst)

I received my Calonox View one month ago (with the same system info) and have exactly the same problems, and more I can not connect my Calonox View App on my Android 10 smartphone (Nokia) with the device (App not working, and I have to connect the device with the  USB-C / A cable for managing the files on my laptop) ...

But the App was working with an iPhone/IOS (and I could get the right dates now for the files) ! Did somebody else get this connection problem with Android App ? I'm still wainting for a response from the app support in Germany.

Regards

YF

• 5 months later...

I'm still wondering whether anybody ever figured out whether Leica actually published a firmware update for the Calonox View. I can't find any information regarding a firmware update on Leicas service pages and I never got a response from Leica. In case someone recently purchased a device I would be interested to know which firmware version the device comes shiped with.

Am 12.12.2021 um 12:15 schrieb Shimo:

I'm still wondering whether anybody ever figured out whether Leica actually published a firmware update for the Calonox View. I can't find any information regarding a firmware update on Leicas service pages and I never got a response from Leica. In case someone recently purchased a device I would be interested to know which firmware version the device comes shiped with.

In case someone is interested: I just spoke to someone at Leica software support. He was very nice and helpful and confirmed that (a) so far there is no update for the Calonox View on the market, (b) there shall be an update available sometime beginning of next year, (c) there shall be an update for the Calonox View as well the Calonox Sigth and (d) how this update shall be installed on the device is not yet finally decided upon. The update won't happen through the mobile app. Either there shall be a dedicated Windows package or the update might only be available by autorized service partner.

• 9 months later...
On 12/13/2021 at 1:53 PM, Shimo said:

In case someone is interested: I just spoke to someone at Leica software support. He was very nice and helpful and confirmed that (a) so far there is no update for the Calonox View on the market, (b) there shall be an update available sometime beginning of next year, (c) there shall be an update for the Calonox View as well the Calonox Sigth and (d) how this update shall be installed on the device is not yet finally decided upon. The update won't happen through the mobile app. Either there shall be a dedicated Windows package or the update might only be available by autorized service partner.

Looks like (b) hasn’t been met. And ref (d) a good (and growing) portion of the world wouldn’t have Windows anywhere near them! 🙂

CB