Glass Fungus

stvn66

I take no special care. All equipment is kept in the house, that means a dry and not cold storage. The items are stored open with caps on, no leather cases.

The oldest parts were new in 1950, later on I have bought used parts. No problems so far. 

When not in use my cameras and lenses are stored sealed in a Pelicase with canisters of indicator silica gel (dessicant) with is regularly changed. But the winter climate here is wet so storage conditions should depend on local conditions.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I would take particular care when the lenses are brought home after shooting. If it's cold outside, leave the lenses in your bag for a while when you bring them indoors so that they come slowly up to temperature without forming condensation. If you've been shooting in wet conditions, get them out of the bag straight away, check for any moisture that needs wiping away and allow them to dry thoroughly before storing them (and the same for the bag itself). Humid climates need special precautions, like dry cabinets. Store leather cases separately.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken a look 🧐 inside one of my lens (see photo): what do you think?Do I have to worry about? 😄😄

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!