Summarit F=5cm. 1:1,5

4 hours ago, Fernando Kneese said:

Hello,
Are there manuals for a Summarit F=5cm. 1:1,5 ?

Thank you.

No manual AFAIK. Maybe there was a little booklet with three lines of instructions and a guaranty page, but I have never seen one. After all, there is precious little content to write about a lens with just two controls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Fernando,

Welcome to the Forum.

Along with E 41 filters the lens takes an A 43 lens cap 14035 which means that it takes a swing out A 43 Polarizer 13360 & a lens hood 12520. The lens hood also is letter coded XOONS. All of these accessories are relatively hard to come by.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht

• 2 weeks later...

When working in the archives of my past Fontenelle collection, I came across these two color photos of a "prototype" Summarit I had, engraved "Betriebsob. nº 051". They have nothing to do with the subject of this thread, but here are they, just for fun.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

No manual AFIK, but definitely a mention in my 1954-era manual for the M3. Here's a picture with my 1954 50/1.5 Summarit. 

Little Jessie and big Taylor are good buddies.
Leica M10, 50mm f/1.5 Summarit (1954, designed 1936. Recoated at Focal Point Lens 2017.)
This was the first Leica lens I ever used, back in 1969. My grandfather bought it with an M3 camera in Heidelberg in 1954. I'd spiral-scratched the c4@p out of the softly-coated front element with over-zealous cleaning when I was a teenager. I had it recoated by John van Stelton at Focal Point Lens a month before he retired.
I'm quite impressed with the overall rendering - sharper than expected at maximum f/1.5 aperture, but still soft and flared enough for a vintage rendering. It had been so soft before recoating that I hadn't used it much.

Don't know why the color version is so red here - the original looks great on my calibrated monitor. The black and white removes the distraction of color.

Edited by lecycliste
  • Like 1

Edited by lecycliste