SL2-S IMAGE thread -post your images here.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am considering buying SL2-S. Before pulling the trigger though, I want to make sure I don’t have the red and/or magenta skin tones which I see in some SL2 and which I experienced when I owned/shot with the original SL.

I do not see enough people shots to consult and reference, not to mention portraits, in this thread. Could some of you post images to get an idea of how good or bad skin tone renders?

I am reluctant to buy into the system again because I am not sure whether red-ish skin can be eliminated by applying the same import profile to all the images. When I tried many years ago, the skin would go pale instead of natural after getting rid of magenta.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... foggy morning (SL2-S + SIGMA 45mm F2,8 DG DN) Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

... fragile (SL2-S + Sigma70mm F2,8 DG MACRO Art) Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

35 SL Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

2 hours ago, beewee said:

If 46 pages of images isn’t enough, you could try Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/groups/leica-sl2-s/pool/

Thank you for the guidance. Flickr contains enough reference for me to make a decision. If you actually go through all the images posted here (46-pages worth of SL2-S), there are less than a handful of “people” images to my surprise. Lots of lovely images with great colors, but just not enough portraits, maybe due in part to COVID. Thank you!

Young female Leopard yesterday morning, Ngala Game Reserve, South Africa (I've posted a similar image taken with the SL2 & VE 90-280mm here)

SL2-S &Canon 400mm f4 USM DOll  w/Sigma MC-21 adapter (please click image for better res.)

14 hours ago, kyotalk said:

I want to make sure I don’t have the red and/or magenta skin tones which I see in some SL2 and which I experienced when I owned/shot with the original SL.

I don't know how long ago you had the SL, but you should try re-processing the images (if you saved them) with the latest Lightroom or CaptureOne profiles to see if the issue still exists.

Am 15.8.2021 um 18:14 schrieb docmoore:

Frank,

If you already have M lenses the M10M makes a lot of sense. I would prefer that the Q2M were available with a 24 and a 75 ... even something similar in size to the

75 Summarit which I loved ... or the size of the thin 90 tele-elmarit.

I love the imaging of the 1.7 28 on the Q cameras but solely 28 is a bit limiting ... and cropping does not change the perspective of the lens ... just narrows the

angle of view.

Photography on the whole is not an expensive hobby ... maybe so to collecting shells if you live by the beach. But glass holds its value even today and can be used for

a life-time with a bit of care.

As your BW conversions look great there should be no rush to make the switch ...

Best regards,

Bob

Ordered today a used M10M (only 30 shots) from a dealer  - so from now on - additional to the SL- on the way in b/w :-))))))) 

Best regards, Frank

On 8/15/2021 at 11:16 PM, kyotalk said:

I am considering buying SL2-S. Before pulling the trigger though, I want to make sure I don’t have the red and/or magenta skin tones which I see in some SL2 and which I experienced when I owned/shot with the original SL.

I do not see enough people shots to consult and reference, not to mention portraits, in this thread. Could some of you post images to get an idea of how good or bad skin tone renders?

I am reluctant to buy into the system again because I am not sure whether red-ish skin can be eliminated by applying the same import profile to all the images. When I tried many years ago, the skin would go pale instead of natural after getting rid of magenta.

Thanks in advance.

SL2-S + 24-90, with flash.
ISO 100. The flash was bounced off the walls, and did not match the normal direct flash WB, so adjusted accordingly.
Theatrical publicity shots.

Edited by LocalHero1953

SL2-S 90-280
Same characters in rehearsal under fluorescent lights, so white balance adjusted to suit.
ISO 16000 for the first one, 6400 for the second.

Edited by LocalHero1953

Female Leopard @ Ngala Game Reserve, South Africa. We found her late at night with an antelope which she had killed & taken up a tree so that Hyenas & Lions couldn't steal it. 

ISO was set at 12,500. It's the first time that I've used such a high ISO setting & am impressed by the quality.

SL2-S & VE Leica 90-280mm @ 144mm f3.2  ISO12, 500  1/160s

#1. Unprocessed SL2-S DNG file converted to Jpeg  -we use spotlights with a red filter when viewing animals at night, as it doesn't blind them or affect their night vision.

#2 Converted to B&W & processed with Topaz DeNoise AI to remove some noise (please click image for better res.)

On 8/15/2021 at 7:46 AM, Ando said:

A view into the Bavarian Rhön/Germany:

SL 2,8/24-70 (70 mm at 8,0)

Very nice scene..the 24-70 lens does have the Leica look with natural colors. Reminds me of R lenses..