SL Lenses firmware 2.0

Slender

Advertisement (gone after registration)

23 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

Thanks, Jono. I don’t use profiles, so I’m a dope with such. I guess there’s a simple way to save settings to one.  I’ll check it out, as well as export/import procedure. Sounds like a good approach.

Jeff

Menu / User Profile . . scroll down to Manage Profiles . . / Save as profile and it's done - you can even give it a nice name in mixed case!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

Menu / User Profile . . scroll down to Manage Profiles . . / Save as profile and it's done - you can even give it a nice name in mixed case!

Dumb question, but how do you bring up all settings to save to a profile? By all settings, I’m referring to assignment of function buttons, metering mode, favorites, capture assistants, etc... literally ALL my camera menu/control setup, so that I don’t need to manually reconfigure every menu item after completing a FW upgrade.

Jeff

27 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

Dumb question, but how do you bring up all settings to save to a profile? By all settings, I’m referring to assignment of function buttons, metering mode, favorites, capture assistants, etc... literally ALL my camera menu/control setup, so that I don’t need to manually reconfigure every menu item after completing a FW upgrade.

Jeff

When you save a profile it saves the current settings (whatever they are) including favorites etc. . . . . does that help?

6 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

When you save a profile it saves the current settings (whatever they are) including favorites etc. . . . . does that help?

Indeed. I knew it was a dumb question!  But a simple answer. Guess I won’t be ignoring profiles (at least one) next time. 

Thanks, Jono, as always.  Hope you’re well and staying safe.

Jeff

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just installed SLLens03.plf on SL2. Linear focus works...!

But note that you have to install the FW with each of the SL-lenses attached to the body (the SL-Crons + SL24-90 + SL90-280), so it takes some time (and requires some battery power...).

Edited by helged
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, helged said:

Just installed SLLens03.plf on SL2. Linear focus works...!

But note that you have to install the FW with each of the SL-lenses attached to the body (the SL-Crons + SL24-90 + SL90-280), so it takes some time (and requires some battery power...).

You have a link to the FW? 

11 minutes ago, Donzo98 said:

Yes.  It's still only on the SL2-S page as one of the downloads.

Loaded it.  It works. Apparently it will work for two of the three SL-zooms (not the 16-35) as well.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Donzo98 said:

This page....https://en.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-SL/Leica-SL2-S/Downloads

The L lens page is not updated, at least on the US website. Too perpetuate the confusion, they named the file SLLens03.plf (LMFAO).

Just tried it out on one of my lenses, still under warranty of course, and it works brilliantly on the SL2. Haven't tried it yet on the Panasonic S1R.

Same focusing throw for every lens, something I've wanted for 40 years.

Edited by JeffWright
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Yes.  It's still only on the SL2-S page as one of the downloads.

Loaded it.  It works. Apparently it will work for two of the three SL-zooms (not the 16-35) as well.

Correct, the FW works for the SL Cons, plus the SL24-90 and 90-280 zooms (but not for SL16-35 or SL50Lux).

59 minutes ago, Donzo98 said:

The MF options have changed ( I think). There is STD MF... and then a bunch of options that I assume are degrees of focus throw. Is that correct??

What other things are supposed to be included in the update??

yes, you get 90 to 360 degree option, this is interesting in video when. using follow focus.