LR Classic 10.1 freezes computers

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am back to 10.0 on my Mac Pro and while it works, it is extremely slow moving through the library folders and certain tasks. The whole thing just makes the computer feel very old (which it is, but it still had no problem with earlier versions). Since I work both at home and at a studio and use my catalog in both locations, I cannot really revert any further. It is frustrating. Basically at this point I am just waiting for an M1 pro level Mac that I can use, but that would mean I have to find a way to use FlexColor (since my scanner is an important part my lab, and is on 32bit). Anyway, this whole scenario is frustrating because developers, especially those with subscription models or Apple just seem to cavalierly break things and not think about it, despite the hardship it might cause users. I understand that 32bit is very much legacy coding, but I wish there were a more practical emulator out there than installing an entire old version of MacOS in a virtual machine.

Stuart the problem for me as  user of an old Mac (The Pro trash bin)  and I think for many other users of not so recent Macs is that now with the new M1 based computer around the corner I do not feel  it is the right thing to buy a non M1 computer which can become obsolete in a short time. My Mac Pro 2013  still works ok after more than 6 years (excluding this LR 10.1 thing !). The new Mac Pro (quite expensive even in the minimum configuration) is much more powerful  than I need  has the advantage to be upgradable. But it is based on Intel and this coiuld be a risk in future if Apple decide not to support it anymore...The M1 Mini could work but I would prefer a little more memory...

Let's wait in the hope Adobe fix the 10.1 issue which I personally I'm not sure they will do...

By the way the advantage of the subscription model is to have always the software updated 🙂

Edit: I have also read your other thread but no suggestions, sorry.

Edited by robert blu

• 1 month later...