Displaying Digital Photos

rsolomon

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'd like to get larger sized wall hanging monitor / TV to display my photos.... I can't figure out what's monitor/TV  would offer high contrast, high resolution, and/or other technical characteristics I should be looking for ......  most pics are B&W, some are color..

I shoot M240 and modern late model  : cron 35, 50, & 75 , Elmar 24

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks 

Rich

1 hour ago, rsolomon said:

I am seeing one called Meural canvas II. I’m going to check it out at BH. Was wondering if anyone has seen/used this device

I'd check around for prices.  BH is $499, others offer it for #299.  It looks like a great idea.

A while back, Kevin Raber wrote an article on this: https://luminous-landscape.com/digital-wall-frames-hands/

Kevin is now operating photpxl.com

Or, you can make a slide show in LR, and presumably C1, save that to a USB key, plug that into your tv and enjoy. I have done this and occasionally put that on my large Samsung tv 

Edited by Jean-Michel

If you are talking about a larger, TV-sized solution and the budget allows look at OLED displays. The great thing about OLED is that the blacks are true black. I on occasion display images on my OLED TV via Apple TV 4K and they look very good to my eye, and there are better methods to show uncompressed images for even better quality.  I especially like the OLED for B&W images and movies. 

Edited by _Michael

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2020 at 5:51 PM, Jean-Michel said:

A while back, Kevin Raber wrote an article on this: https://luminous-landscape.com/digital-wall-frames-hands/

Kevin is now operating photpxl.com

Or, you can make a slide show in LR, and presumably C1, save that to a USB key, plug that into your tv and enjoy. I have done this and occasionally put that on my large Samsung tv 

I prefer to use Phoenix Slides for a slideshow. Very simple and fast.