M10 - Problem with focus magnify

Eliehbk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone,

My camera started not automatically zooming in when I start turning the focus ring. The camera does not zoom in, both when using the rear screen or the EVF.

My settings are focus peaking “red” and focus aid “automatic”.

I also tried focus aid “manual” and using the focus button. Again no luck.

Is anyone familiar with this and has any tips for me?

Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eliehbk said:

I am actually using the Leica M10r with a Zeiss 50mm Sonnar. It was working, but now all I get is a small white box at the left hand corner of the screen with no magnification.

the small white box shows at all zoomed out condition. you need to adjust back to zoom in by turning the knob on your thumb.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I actually had to reassign the thumb wheel from exposure comp to zoom and zoom in and then reassign the thumb wheel back to exp. comp. Now it works. I am not sure why it was zoomed out since I had the thumb wheel assigned to exp. comp. and couldn't have zoomed out accidentally. 

Thanks for your help!

Just so you know, when in "focus assist mode," the thumb wheel will still control magnification, even when its function is set to "exposure compensation" in the Menu>Customize Control

You have the option of choosing whether the focus assist kicks in automatically with the turn of the focus ring, or manually only (by pressing the function button on the front of the camera). This can be done in Menu>Capture Assistants>Focus Aid>Manual/Automatic

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks leicameech! I think what happened is that I might have accidentally used the thumb wheel to zoom all the way out of the zoom-in mode. So every time I manually focused, the small box came on the left hand corner of the back screen without any magnification. What you say makes total sense!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...