Forum images upload 'dark' despite local calibration.

piran

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Is there a profile/icc or something to which I can calibrate? It all goes pear-shaped after running the forum's image upload procedure - appears darkly dim. Have to lighten extensively just to apparently get something reasonable - in gamma terms. Keeping a spare set of edits hacked 'way light' - just for the Leica forum - seems an unduly crass process to have to adopt.

My EIZO is self-calibrating. I REALLY don't have it over-bright (120 cd/m2) ...more the opposite. I find modern flat panels achingly bright. Tend to use 16bit AdobeRGB system-wide and downshift to 8bit sRGB for the WWW.

W10PRO browser is Chrome (or Vivaldi - a Chrome fork). Edge (itself a virtual Chrome fork) is currently even more of a PITA after the latest updates [sic]. MS HQ hasn't twigged that (some) cookies are not being saved so everything from the wheel upwards has to be re-invented each access.

While using C1 (Capture One 20 PRO) have tried outputting (Process Recipe in Phaseone-speak) using ICC profiles sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and Adobe RGB 1988 without satisfaction. 'Best' one so far has been Phase One Grey G2.2 but think I may need '2.4' or '2.5' to get anywhere near the forum's sweet spot - as it were. Any idea if these are available anywhere?

Scratching head:-/

Finished scratching head ...was working at my issue from the wrong end;-) 

Amended INPUT:
Base Characteristics > ICC profile > sRGB Color Space Profile (instead of DNG Workspace)

Same OUTPUT: 
Process Recipe > ICC Profile > Phase One Gray G2.2

Results in a decent upload transfer to and display by the forum.
Sorry to have bothered you... YMMV

• Like 2