M10-R Slightly Slow to Chimp Last Photo

jffielde

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I love the Leica M10-R, but I’ve noticed one slight nuisance. When I try and chimp a photo quickly after taking it, the image isn’t processed fast enough to see it.  It sometimes even shows the prior image and I have to advance to the one I just took. If that’s just a camera speed issue, I can live with it. It only happens if I check the image a half second later. My M10 Monochrom is fast enough that it does not exhibit this delay. Do others experience this with the M10R with latest firmware?  I’d just like to know if there’s a setting I’ve got out of whack or whether it’s just too much info for the processor. Thanks. 

Yes, I've experienced this issue and assumed --hopefully correctly--  that it is due to the larger M10R image files and yet the same size of buffer as in the M10/M10P;  a  minor nuisance that should be overcome in a future model.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Good To Be Retired said:

I suspect the previous replies are completely correct, but you might try using a faster card and see of that makes any difference.

No that’s not it as I use a UHS-II card which will read and write way faster than the UHS-I interface of the M10-R is capable of

3 hours ago, robsonj said:

No that’s not it as I use a UHS-II card which will read and write way faster than the UHS-I interface of the M10-R is capable of

A UHS-II chip in a UHS-I socket has to emulate the older protocol and use some extra hardware to spread the data across the wider internal busses that a UHS II card can use to address its memory. (That's why the UHS II chip has more  contacts.  So in the M10-R, the newer cards might be a bit slower than an older style card made with the same year's technology.

On 11/30/2020 at 8:06 PM, jffielde said:

I love the Leica M10-R, but I’ve noticed one slight nuisance. When I try and chimp a photo quickly after taking it, the image isn’t processed fast enough to see it.  It sometimes even shows the prior image and I have to advance to the one I just took. If that’s just a camera speed issue, I can live with it. It only happens if I check the image a half second later. My M10 Monochrom is fast enough that it does not exhibit this delay. Do others experience this with the M10R with latest firmware?  I’d just like to know if there’s a setting I’ve got out of whack or whether it’s just too much info for the processor. Thanks. 

Have you tried adjusting the Auto Preview duration time?  ...it's adjustable and might make a difference.
...maybe it's set to OFF or a short 1 second preview time.