Adobe Lightroom Classic

8 hours ago, Paul Hutson said:

I have an up to date subscription for Adobe Lightroom Classic etc.  The develop module does not automatically recognise my SL2 nor my 35 and 50mm lenses.  I am told it should.  Can anyone advise me how to make this happen step by step?  Thank You!

How do you deduct that LrC does not recognize SL2 or 35mm and 50mm lenses.

16 hours ago, SrMi said:

How do you deduct that LrC does not recognize SL2 or 35mm and 50mm lenses.

In the Library module, the camera and lens should be shown in the Metadata.  In the Develop module, the camera should show up in the Profile Browser (click the four squares on the Profile line) and the lens should show up in Lens Corrections when Enable Profile Corrections is selected.

1 hour ago, zeitz said:

In the Library module, the camera and lens should be shown in the Metadata.  In the Develop module, the camera should show up in the Profile Browser (click the four squares on the Profile line) and the lens should show up in Lens Corrections when Enable Profile Corrections is selected.

Yes, in the Metadata panel with the Default view selected, the Model and Lens fields should be correctly populated. Are they empty in your LrC?
Leica SL2 uses for L-mount lenses built-in profile correction. You cannot select a lens in Lens Corrections. At the bottom of the Lens Correction pane, you should see "Built-in Lens Profile applied." However, some SL2 primes do not need any correction profile. Therefore the built-in profile is not applied, nor can a lens profile be selected in lens correction. This is "works as intended."

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't know why we are not hearing from the OP.  I was answering the question you posted.

If one is working with raw files, why would the camera profile or lens correction be applied?  The default for Lightroom is to use Adobe's profile, not the Camera Matching profile; and Lens Corrections/Enable Profile Corrections is unchecked.  Is it a SL2 .dng feature, beyond the simple raw content or have the defaults in Lightroom been changed?

If one is working with jpeg files, a lot of post-processing capability is bypassed.