M10D bottom tag

cj3209

2 hours ago, cj3209 said:

Just got a pre-owned M10D from a reputable seller.  I noticed that the bottom white sticker does not indicate M10D but Typ 9217 which I know is the M10D.  Other bodies indicate M10D and Typ 9217.

I wonder if this is a European model?

I don’t think there is a European model.

My US M10-D has both the name and the Typ # on the bottom label, but my newer SL2 and  M10-R  have only the Typ # on their bottom labels.  I think the standard has changed over time.  I was able to get an SL2 quite early because one was diverted on its way to a Far Eastern seller.  As a result it has a non-standard serial number, not recognized by the Leica registration software.  So some things do change by regions.

2 minutes ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

My US M10-D has both the name and the Typ # on the bottom label, but my newer SL2 and  M10-R  have only the Typ # on their bottom labels.  I think the standard has changed over time.  I was able to get an SL2 quite early because one was diverted on its way to a Far Eastern seller.  As a result it has a non-standard serial number, not recognized by the Leica registration software.  So some things do change by regions.

thank you, Prof!

CJ

😁