DXO Photolab 4 won't support Leica TL2 DNG

Reggie

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just downloaded the trial version of DXO PL 4 as the Black Friday deal looks good - and the software won't recognise the DNG files out of the TL2.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a known problem with DXO and Leica files? I did a search of the forum and there do seem to be some compatibility issues with the CL but the T is on DXO's list of supported cameras (although the TL2 is not...).

If it's not in the official list, then it's not supported. It's a common misunderstanding that every DNG can be interpreted by every raw converter.

The SL2 is also not supported so far. No one knows if they will ever support the SL2.

Luckily all my cameras are supported (except my older Fuji files) and it's my main raw converter.

Edited by tom.w.bn

45 minutes ago, Reggie said:

I just downloaded the trial version of DXO PL 4 as the Black Friday deal looks good - and the software won't recognise the DNG files out of the TL2.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a known problem with DXO and Leica files? I did a search of the forum and there do seem to be some compatibility issues with the CL but the T is on DXO's list of supported cameras (although the TL2 is not...).

DXO  appears to be loath to rent, borrow or acquire Leica cameras to be able to script to support them. Nor do they incorporate the full DNG standard.

Thanks Tom and Jaap

Scrub DXO off the list then

My free trial of CO has expired and I'm baulking at their business practices (no contact details, no response to problems, strange upgrade policy to CO 2021) but ON1 doesn't fill me with joy and Affinity is too much of pixel manipulator for my current needs. Although a lot of people seem to complain about CO's interface, I took to it really easily and anything else I've tried (not that I've tried many) seems quite alien.

Edited by Reggie

8 hours ago, jaapv said:

People bash Adobe - but PSCC is   still my go-to program.

+2. The day I cannot afford $11 a month for Photoshop, which is about what I was paying on a per month basis back in the day when Adobe was upgrading Photoshop on a non-subscription basis about every 18 months, I don't have any business buying Leica digital cameras either...

Edited by Gregm61

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, jaapv said:

DXO  appears to be loath to rent, borrow or acquire Leica cameras to be able to script to support them. Nor do they incorporate the full DNG standard.

Indeed. They claim to have trouble getting cameras from Leica, but have refused loaners from users. Last I checked, they still had no support for the SL2, which has been available for a long time.  And they admit that they have no intention of supporting any Monochrom camera.

Jeff