Photo 2 from first nude shoot

dkmoore

I like it a lot! The framing looks very good, as well as the position of the model. What I like most is the light on your model which makes her body almost  three dimensional and not flat. You darkened the corners to accentuate your model. Perfect! Much more better in my opinion as number 1 (which was not bad at all)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I fully agree. If I must offer critique I would crop a bit from the top as the eye is drawn to the lightness of the sky, where it shouldn't be, and increase contrast a bit preserving the tonality in the model. ~ But it works as it is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's a really lovely picture and the black and white conversion has rendered the model's skin tone exquisitely!

In terms of composition you've placed the model slightly off-centre but it works because the model's pose includes the wooden fence post, which 'connects' the model to her surroundings and places her into the environment and enhances its relevance and balances the picture.

From a technical viewpoint you've used a wide-angle lens (fine), which is pointed very slightly downwards and it looks like this has caused some 'keystoning' towards the top of the picture.  If you look at the fence posts above the model, they are drawn to a vanishing point when we instinctively know that they should be parallel and vertical so they start to compete for the eye's attention.  This is easily fixed in PS if desired by drawing the corners out using the Edit > Transform > Distort tool although remember to also 'pull up' the top of the picture or the model will start to look short and squat owing to the change in perspective.  

To improve an already excellent picture you might like to consider a slight rotation to the right because the post that the model is embracing is leaning slightly to the left, which could be distracting to the eye and detract from the strength of a wonderful picture.  This will also enhance the connection between the model and the post because it will show her leaning into the post a little more and highlight its relevance as a support.

As always, please ignore my comments if you choose because they're only intended to help and my critical eye might well differ from yours.

Finally, it's a lovely picture and I hope you'll share more of your work with us.

Pete.

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2020 at 5:41 AM, farnz said:

It's a really lovely picture and the black and white conversion has rendered the model's skin tone exquisitely!

In terms of composition you've placed the model slightly off-centre but it works because the model's pose includes the wooden fence post, which 'connects' the model to her surroundings and places her into the environment and enhances its relevance and balances the picture.

From a technical viewpoint you've used a wide-angle lens (fine), which is pointed very slightly downwards and it looks like this has caused some 'keystoning' towards the top of the picture.  If you look at the fence posts above the model, they are drawn to a vanishing point when we instinctively know that they should be parallel and vertical so they start to compete for the eye's attention.  This is easily fixed in PS if desired by drawing the corners out using the Edit > Transform > Distort tool although remember to also 'pull up' the top of the picture or the model will start to look short and squat owing to the change in perspective.  

To improve an already excellent picture you might like to consider a slight rotation to the right because the post that the model is embracing is leaning slightly to the left, which could be distracting to the eye and detract from the strength of a wonderful picture.  This will also enhance the connection between the model and the post because it will show her leaning into the post a little more and highlight its relevance as a support.

As always, please ignore my comments if you choose because they're only intended to help and my critical eye might well differ from yours.

Finally, it's a lovely picture and I hope you'll share more of your work with us.

Pete.

Thank you Pete. I appreciate the feedback! I’ll try your recommendations this evening and I’ll post the example so that we can compare (if I can get the editing right).  

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2020 at 4:14 AM, jaapv said:

I fully agree. If I must offer critique I would crop a bit from the top as the eye is drawn to the lightness of the sky, where it shouldn't be, and increase contrast a bit preserving the tonality in the model. ~ But it works as it is.

I’ll give this a whirl and will update with the edited image to see if we like it. I agree there is a bit too much of negative space. I was trying to keep the model out of the center but I think it may be better with a slight crop. We shall see!

6 hours ago, Henry Taylor said:

Yes, I agree very lovely but I  would have cropped  off 1/2 of the skylight it's not needed .

After messing around with crops as recommended by JAAPV and Brent I completely agree with your comment. I also messed around with the distortion correction tools per Pete's recommendation. 

I'll get around to posting the examples within the next couple of days for anyone interested. Thanks for the tips!

6 hours ago, dkmoore said:

*It is funny how those most critical on this site never post images.

While I disagree with Mnutzer's initial criticism I must point out that he does post plenty of images on this forum so if the remark is partially aimed in his direction it is regrettably wide of the mark in his case.

Pete.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, farnz said:

While I disagree with Mnutzer's initial criticism I must point out that he does post plenty of images on this forum so if the remark is partially aimed in his direction it is regrettably wide of the mark in his case.

Pete.

I looked but clearly not hard enough. Thanks again for your tips. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...