Portugal, The Sea and the Leica SL2 - photos

jonoslack

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi There

A couple of people have asked to see more of the images taken in Portugal, so here are some links to some Lightroom galleries

On the SL2 I used

Apo-Summicron M 1:2/50 Asph

Apo-Summicron SL 1:2/75 Asph

Apo-Vario-Elmarit SL 1:2.8 90-280

Summilux M 1:1.4/28 Asph

Cais Palafitico da Carrasqueira  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Lovely, especially the waves and the folks at Nazare.  There was only one shot that exposed your cameraman,. Although he got a shot of you turning back at him, the one you posted in your gallery has him between you and the water, and you can't see if he's got a gimbal, or that is just a collapsed monopod to give him something to hold onto.  Do you recall what lens(es) and output formats were used in the video? 

These are the best travel shots i have seen with SL2 so far. 75mm apo seems the weakest of the apo summicrons on mtf charts but what i see here is it has the most beatifull rendering of the system.

I bought SL2 + 35mm apo + 75mm apo and 90-280mm apo for landscape and travel photpgraphy after selling Gfx medium format system.I am soo happy so far but i was always thinking 90mm apo would be a better lens than 75mm apo when looking at the myf charts but now i am happy 😊

By the way i was about to sell my 50mm apo M lens but i see that you are using it on SL2.Do you like it as if it is on M body and sould i keep it? 
ıt was the best rendering lens on my M10.

Thanks Jono🙏🏻

• Like 1

22 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Lovely, especially the waves and the folks at Nazare.  There was only one shot that exposed your cameraman,. Although he got a shot of you turning back at him, the one you posted in your gallery has him between you and the water, and you can't see if he's got a gimbal, or that is just a collapsed monopod to give him something to hold onto.  Do you recall what lens(es) and output formats were used in the video? 

HI There Scott

He was using a gimbal - mostly shot on the 24-90, but I don't know which output format he was using (I can find out if you like?)

best