Leica Q2 Monochrom - Image Thread

RobM

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, WeiterWinkel said:

Same day in the evening, the fog even crept closer. Spooky.

lock Nessie? 😎

Edited by piran

1 hour ago, Bikie John said:

I really like the tonal balance that you get in your photos, @tuna. Do you do much processing, or are they pretty much straight out of camera?

John

Hi John - they look pretty good out of camera as long as I get the exposure right. I primarily expose for the highlights but the Q2M already does much better with retaining detail in the highlights than my previous Fuji and Sony cameras. 

However, I do some post on all my images in Photoshop - usually standard levels/curves, maybe some selective contrast control and some sharpening when reducing to web jpegs (though with the large amount of resolution I get from the Q2M I only do about 1/4 to 1/3 or none of the amount of sharpening I used to do with other digital files or film).

Also, I’ve always tried to achieve a rule I learned a long time ago: having a true black and a true white in each image (which usually results in a good tonal range if the exposure was good at capture).

20 hours ago, tuna said:

Hi John - they look pretty good out of camera as long as I get the exposure right. I primarily expose for the highlights but the Q2M already does much better with retaining detail in the highlights than my previous Fuji and Sony cameras. 

However, I do some post on all my images in Photoshop - usually standard levels/curves, maybe some selective contrast control and some sharpening when reducing to web jpegs (though with the large amount of resolution I get from the Q2M I only do about 1/4 to 1/3 or none of the amount of sharpening I used to do with other digital files or film).

Also, I’ve always tried to achieve a rule I learned a long time ago: having a true black and a true white in each image (which usually results in a good tonal range if the exposure was good at capture).

Thanks - it obviously works a treat for you!

John

At my friends

house, getting ready to celebrate Wassail and bless their apple trees.
(Details on Wassailing here:
https://www.growlermag.com/wassail-ciderology-gabe-cook/)

Port Angeles, Washington
Leica Q2 Monochrom

Hanging in the Kitchen

Gathering for the Wassail #1

Gathering for the Wassail #2

Edited by Jay B

Wassailing in the Apple Orchard
Port Angeles, Washington

Leica Q2 Monochrom

Singing the Wassail Song #1

Singing the Wassail Song #2

The Wassail Song Finale

On 1/18/2022 at 3:12 PM, Jay B said:

At my friends

house, getting ready to celebrate Wassail and bless their apple trees.
(Details on Wassailing here:
https://www.growlermag.com/wassail-ciderology-gabe-cook/)

Port Angeles, Washington
Leica Q2 Monochrom

Hanging in the Kitchen

Gathering for the Wassail #1

Gathering for the Wassail #2

What a wonderful series.(this and the next group you posted)  The Q2M in daily life. I love theses photographs!

Monty