Jump to content

Leica Q2 Monochrom - Image Thread


RobM

Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Aram Langhans said:

Nice shots.  If you don't mine me asking, where in Eastern Oregon?  I live in Eastern Washington, similar climate and features.  These seem a bit dark to me.  Is it my monitor or did you make them dark like that?  I love exploring old settlements like these.

Hi Aram

Glad to know you enjoyed the shots and thanks for your words. Yes, they are on the dark side, and was intentional. Experimenting with new camera, but I confess too that do like them that way....sometimes. And sometimes it does not work as well. The clouds were looking interesting in the sky, but as you know, winter sunlight in the high desert is a bit harsh. Then the house was made of Juniper planks, long burned by the sun, and they don't go grey as fast as other woods - they remain dark drown and orange for quite some time

So, do not adjust your monitor :) I posted a few other shots with a different mood, if you care  to look for them, and actually these ones are not the darkest.

Route 19, off I-84 and south of Condon ( yes with a N) - has a few treats along the way, but I would rather give pointers in pm - an area worth to drive thru, with another treat at end: Mitchell - but then you will need your color camera for the Painted Hills.

Some are in private property, and or still owned by someone that cares - somewhat.

Oregon does had quite a bunch of homesteads, abandoned long time ago, but most of the ones you can access from a paved road are vandalized, full of graffiti

Edited by nwphil
Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, nwphil said:

Hi Aram

Glad to know you enjoyed the shots and thanks for your words. Yes, they are on the dark side, and was intentional. Experimenting with new camera, but I confess too that do like them that way....sometimes. And sometimes it does not work as well. The clouds were looking interesting in the sky, but as you know, winter sunlight in the high desert is a bit harsh. Then the house was made of Juniper planks, long burned by the sun, and they don't go grey as fast as other woods - they remain dark drown and orange for quite some time

So, do not adjust your monitor :) I posted a few other shots with a different mood, if you care  to look for them, and actually these ones are not the darkest.

Route 19, off I-84 and south of Condon ( yes with a N) - has a few treats along the way, but I would rather give pointers in pm - an area worth to drive thru, with another treat at end: Mitchell - but then you will need your color camera for the Painted Hills.

Some are in private property, and or still owned by someone that cares - somewhat.

Oregon does had quite a bunch of homesteads, abandoned long time ago, but most of the ones you can access from a paved road are vandalized, full of graffiti

Been in the area many times, and maybe through Condon on our way back from the Painted Hills.  Have you been to Kent?  I have some great shots of the cemetery, but not with Leica, so can't post them here. You can look here: Kent Cemetery-1011.jpg (leica-users.org)  The cross is down now, and I am tempted to build another one and set it back.  I'll look for more of your stuff.  Do you use a color filter on the Q2M?  Perhaps a yellow or red for the skies?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aram Langhans said:

Been in the area many times, and maybe through Condon on our way back from the Painted Hills.  Have you been to Kent?  I have some great shots of the cemetery, but not with Leica, so can't post them here. You can look here: Kent Cemetery-1011.jpg (leica-users.org)  The cross is down now, and I am tempted to build another one and set it back.  I'll look for more of your stuff.  Do you use a color filter on the Q2M?  Perhaps a yellow or red for the skies?

Kent - off 97...likely went by, but doubt I stopped there.

No, no filter use yet - did not have them when I took those shots, but will be ready for next time. Looks that I might end needing some nd's. Do have a 49mm cpl, but hate to buy more nd's - have nice set of 60mm, and also 82  but finding step down or up from 60mm it's difficult.

going to be on the coast for a few days soon, so might have a chance to experiment with filters, if the weather cooperates a bit, but I know that I need to bring too a color sensor along

The cemetery shots I posted are from a spot off 19 too - you have to know where it is, because it's out of sight - pretty fancy stones for the area, I would say.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ISO6400

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today, at the Japanese Gardens in Portland, Oregon

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by nwphil
Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Pittock Mansion, Portland Oregon...and then fingers were freezing and was time to go home.

more to post, but reach my limit it seems

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, nwphil said:

Today, at the Japanese Gardens in Portland, Oregon

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Like the stairs.  Even dark.  I always wanted to visit the Japanese Garden in Portland but have not made it yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, nwphil said:

Pittock Mansion, Portland Oregon...and then fingers were freezing and was time to go home.

more to post, but reach my limit it seems

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I hope you grabbed some interior shots - it was the hi-tech home of its day with some really cool features.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Le Chef said:

I hope you grabbed some interior shots - it was the hi-tech home of its day with some really cool features.

All shut down these days, but have been inside a few times. Worthy to visit  with Christmas  decorations, but won't  happen  this year...

Yes, the shower itself  is amazing

Edited by nwphil
Link to post
Share on other sites

looking across the bay from Porthcurno beach towards the Logan Rock earlier this morning (surfer about to reach the end of the break) - ISO200 1-200s f8

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by piran
PostEdit: pointed out the surfer
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, nwphil said:

It seems that either LeicaForums upload interface makes them darker, or my monitor is way off....

Sort of agree and that's to a varying degree depending on the success of our respective uses of ICC input and output profiles. Despite me uploading PNG files the interface must have some sort of resampling just to auto-fit within the gallery. This is likely to lose sharpness and be lossy.

Edited by piran
amended the sense/words:-)
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, piran said:

looking across the bay from Porthcurno beach towards the Logan Rock earlier this morning (surfer about to reach the end of the break) - ISO200 1-200s f8

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Just about my favourite place in the world (just nip around the two headlands to get to Pedney!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

my apologies for repeating two previous posted images - just redid processing a little, and imo they look a bit better - besides have some sunshine right now:)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by nwphil
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...