Leica Q2 Monochrom - Image Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can not resist to take at least one of these pictures 😂 Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Captured along the waterfront in Georgetown - Washington, DC  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

8 hours ago, billh said:

Test - I am trying to find where to post images. They go missing from this series, but are obviously somewhere because I get email about them

You posted each image as a new thread, not as posts in this image thread.  You can find them at the following links (unless the moderators move things around)

14 minutes ago, stuny said:

You also posted two copies of each within this thread.  I merged each one with its duplicate.

Thank you. If they are not posted in the appropriate place, please go ahead and remove them. As you can see, I have much to learn about posting correctly on this forum....

Edited by billh
Incorrect spelling (computer 'auto correct', which is unbelievably bad)
47 minutes ago, piran said:

Tried just now and I'm still limited to the earlier/original 1.95 Mb, should I be expecting to be allowed 2.4 Mb (assuming kB is a typo)?

Yes MB, sorry. The higher limit is for sponsoring members v

Dentistry in the Covid age - (I used the self timer and relied on AF for one shot)

a few more from eastern Oregon

yes, it's leaning

Edited by nwphil
2 hours ago, Aram Langhans said:

When I saw the title of this I thought, Nah, not going to work, but it does.  Great shot.

Thank you, I wondered too at the time but the IQ of the Q2M seems to do it justice. I upload PNG files as they are not lossy.

As you can work out (backlighting intensity changes) the sun is low down over to the right. One day I'll try to get there to catch the sun behind the halo top centre, I think it's do-able. Timing would be be key. Opportunity too as in these Covid-19 times (despite being in the only tier 1 zone on the UK mainland) the church is only open occasionally, I don't want to disturb any actual worshippers. Getting the sun to actually shine of course:-| Probably even more keystone distortion. A tall stepladder would help but would be too intrusive and IAC I'm not too steady or good with heights.

3 hours ago, piran said:

Nice:-) You get sunshine over there... I particularly like the tones & textures captured in your 'leaning' shot. Wot... no tumbleweed!? Landscape beyond is relatively treeless - windy?

Thanks - yes, eastern oregon is known as the high desert - an immense eroded plateau, made of volcanic flows and ashes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Oregon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Desert_(Oregon)

I live on the wet side, west of the cascades - dividing volcanic mountain range, but love to visit the area - it's amazing, often sunny, from 100F in the summer to to single digits in the winter

lol - yes, they do  exist, but further south, and trees do exist far apart - or in relatively small forests ( not dense, and often not very tall due to climate and elevation

That area in particular is loaded with wind mills everywhere  - see pic on page 2 (this thread) - mostly free range cattle farmers, back from the settlers day, homestead times and failed gold rush runs

Edited by nwphil

union jack marked 4'' glitter bauble decoration - handheld shot (in a dimly lit area awkward to reach place behind the tree) - ISO50000 1-25s f4

15 hours ago, billh said:

Dentistry in the Covid age - (I used the self timer and relied on AF for one shot)

Nicely done, although it makes me cringe to look at them. The tonal scale is very rich. Even with the bright light shining into your mouth the highlights were not blown out.

Edited by fotografr
11 minutes ago, fotografr said:

Amazing shot. Is this full frame or did you have to crop?

This is actually full frame.  I didnt even have to straighten it.  I really "try" not to crop to be honest...that being said I wont toss out a photo if I can save it by cropping, but yes, this is the full 28mm.  I had to chase those birds around for like 30 minutes to get this!  

2 minutes ago, Craig Clark said:

This is actually full frame.  I didnt even have to straighten it.  I really "try" not to crop to be honest...that being said I wont toss out a photo if I can save it by cropping, but yes, this is the full 28mm.  I had to chase those birds around for like 30 minutes to get this!  

It was time well spent. The result is very much worth it.

I understand your point about not cropping, however, I don't think I'd be concerned about it with the Q2M. Part of the reason Leica put that sensor in the camera was to allow for cropping. 

23 hours ago, nwphil said:

a few more from eastern Oregon

yes, it's leaning

Nice shots.  If you don't mine me asking, where in Eastern Oregon?  I live in Eastern Washington, similar climate and features.  These seem a bit dark to me.  Is it my monitor or did you make them dark like that?  I love exploring old settlements like these.