Leica Q2 Monochrom - Image Thread

RobM

A couple from this morning when I had a brief window of great light. First 2minimal editing and cropped from DNG, the third is crop only from in-camera JPG

Edited by _Michael

drain cover - casting & detritis in exquisite detail - Trengwainton Garden (Penzance, Cornwall) - LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO800 1-500 sec f4 2021-09-29 13.54.58

Location: just outside the upper doorway out of the general walled garden compound and on to the camellia walk.

really not sure how long that little summerhouse has...
Trengwainton Garden (Penzance, Cornwall) - LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO800 1-6500 sec f4 2021-09-29 13.59.53

( that's not just the usual edge-of-shot on a wide lens leaning verticals thing, it really does lean some ) Edited by piran
typos/eyesight :-|

pine kernel - galvanised art installation - Trengwainton Garden (Penzance, Cornwall)
LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO800 1-16000 sec f1.7 2021-09-29 14.25.20

( Scale: about three feet across )

mophead hydrangea against a bright treetop canopy - Trengwainton Garden (Penzance, Cornwall) - LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO800 1-250 sec f4 2021-09-29 14.46.45

shadow selfies lit from a bright leafy canopy surrounding us
Trengwainton Garden (Penzance, Cornwall) - LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO800 1-800 sec f4 2021-09-29 15.00.55

Granite chip path is in sharp focus but we're in softer lighting superimposed on top of the sharp gravel mosaic.
Weird ...slightly similar to the double exposures I'm finding scanning up half century old never-seen-before negs my
late father made by forgetting to wind on using his old land camera (along with all the bellow holed light leaks).
Other leaf shadows are dancing around & variously focussed depending on respective distances from the path. 

23 hours ago, piran said:

shadow selfies lit from a bright leafy canopy surrounding us
Trengwainton Garden (Penzance, Cornwall) - LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO800 1-800 sec f4 2021-09-29 15.00.55

Granite chip path is in sharp focus but we're in softer lighting superimposed on top of the sharp gravel mosaic.
Weird ...slightly similar to the double exposures I'm finding scanning up half century old never-seen-before negs my
late father made by forgetting to wind on using his old land camera (along with all the bellow holed light leaks).
Other leaf shadows are dancing around & variously focussed depending on respective distances from the path. 

Beautiful. Congrats!

18 minutes ago, Hemmer said:

September 27, 2021 (Q2M)

The wonder of the Q2M at night is that light is just that... light. No ugly colour temperatures to balance. Just light pockets mounted in Stygian darkness.

6 minutes ago, piran said:

The wonder of the Q2M at night is that light is just that... light. No ugly colour temperatures to balance. Just light pockets mounted in Stygian darkness.

FWIW, here's the original (ISO 3200, f7.1, 1/15 handheld)