Leica Q2 Monochrom - Image Thread

RobM

met the very aimable Perry - true B&W pooch - at Kynance Cove (much work in post to rescue this from a snatched opportunity massiv e over-exposure) - ISO200 1-40s f4

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

low winter sun flare at Kynance Cove - ISO200 1-640s f11

• Like 11

On 11/26/2020 at 6:10 AM, harmen said:

I'm not sure if these had anything to do with it, but shortly after posting them in a thread in Barnack's bar about bicycles, that whole thread disappeared.  Here I brazenly post them again 😉

It must have been a chain reaction. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/5/2020 at 1:09 PM, billh said:

I was initially reticent about buying the Q2M because of the fixed 28mm lens. I normally use longer Leica lenses, mostly 50mm, and 75mm, and occasionally the 90mm lenses and the wonderful 135APO f3.4. I took the 2QM out yesterday, and fell completely in love with this amazing little Leica camera. The black and white view through the viewfinder is captivating, and makes visualizing the results so easy. I soon found myself rekindling memories of the zone system, a spot meter and view camera. But now all of this was in the palm of my hand. The wide 28mm view suddenly because desirable, a different way of seeing for me. There was no more having to decide which focal length to choose. I also discovered having the macro capability added an entirely new dimension to my outing. This combination of simplicity and capacity made this one of the most enjoyable camera excursions in memory. The one disappointment was the rain stopped before I could get out with the camera!

I want to thank Brent for the wonderful monochrom images he has stared with me in the past, and of course all the others who are posting and sharing their work from the Leica monochrome cameras.

I hope you'll continue to post your Q2M images here. You have a wonderful eye and great technical skills.

Test - I am trying to find where to post images. They go missing from this series, but are obviously somewhere because I get email about them - I clicked on this reply box and it opened. If this is not correct, and someone sees this photo, would you please guide me to the correct place to post on the Q2M thread/site? Thank you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, piran said:

met the very aimable Perry - true B&W pooch - at Kynance Cove (much work in post to rescue this from a snatched opportunity massiv e over-exposure) - ISO200 1-40s f4

5 minutes ago, RobM said:

Hmm. This IS the Q2M images thread, and I can see your nice dog...

Thank you! I have no idea where the others I posted are located, but they are from the Q2M, so I think they belong here.

17 minutes ago, billh said:

Thank you! I have no idea where the others I posted are located, but they are from the Q2M, so I think they belong here.

You're on the right track now, Bill. Please feel free to repost your other beautiful Q2M photos here.

Your other photos are posted under the general heading, "Leica Q / Leica Q2." If you scroll down from there you'll find them with the subject heading that lists the ISO you mention shooting at.

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, billh said:

Test - I am trying to find where to post images. They go missing from this series, but are obviously somewhere because I get email about them - I clicked on this reply box and it opened. If this is not correct, and someone sees this photo, would you please guide me to the correct place to post on the Q2M thread/site? Thank you.

Impressive hound! Any idea of the breed? From the body language I rather think he owns that woodland.

2 hours ago, piran said:

Impressive hound! Any idea of the breed? From the body language I rather think he owns that woodland.

Yes, she is an old working Bouvier des Flandres. Her grandfather was from France and her grandmother from Holland, and they did not share any ancestors for decades, so that breeding was a very far out cross. Her parents looked exactly like what the French call the "originals" - this form, but with less hair than you see in the photo of Kali. They are very active, and very intelligent. I trained her in detection work to satisfy her desire to be busy, and in less than a year she reached the elite level. We used to go to competitions, which she frequently won. Thanks for asking. She is my 24/7 buddy.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Macro, ISO4000, f8.0

• Like 8

ISO800, f7.1

• Like 13

ISO250, f5.6, full frame and crop

• Like 17

19 minutes ago, billh said:

Crop from the image above,

Can't upload the crop - it says I'm only allowed 2.34MB - is that in one day or what?

uh? I am at 1.95mb too - nevermind, I am not sponsoring member

meanwhile, from Jappv:

How to upload images:

Prepare the image as follows:
1.   The image should be sRGB and 8-bits
2.   Reduce the size to 2480 pixels on the longest side. (smaller sizes can be set, but are not recommended)
3.   Sharpen properly for screen.
4.   Save as JPG to your desktop, reducing JPG quality to produce 1000 kB (2000 kB for sponsoring members).
5.   In Lightroom these parameters should be set in the Export dialog.
6.   In the Forum posting or editing box, click “choose Files” and select the image.

It is also possible to embed an image through linking, but the  embedded image must still fall within the forum size rules above. There is also the risk of a broken link when the image is moved or deleted on the other site. Not recommended.

When you find an image on the forum you see a preview. Click on it for good quality. When the plus symbol appears click on it for full size.

Edited by nwphil