Jump to content

Leica Q2 Monochrom - Image Thread


Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 minutes ago, dancook said:

With the M10M I only had the 28 Lux and no budget for colour camera / other lens (I spent the rest of my money upgrading 2 x A9 - > 2 x A1 + 35/135 GM)

When the M10M I used the rear screen a lot, and the 28 lux I used f8 a lot ('a lot' relative to the short time I owned  it)

I already love the Q series camera, the focal length, the operation, the versatility macro/AF/crop tool.

I realised it's not crazy to have both the Q2 and Q2M :)

selling the M10M + 28LUX affords me both the Q2 and Q2M and change..

Got the Q2M for £4100, 1 month old, 25 snaps - such a good price - just looking out for a Q2 now.

I would stick on the Q2 colour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can not resist to take at least one of these pictures 😂 Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Captured along the waterfront in Georgetown - Washington, DC  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Beautiful backlit tree in a snow covered meadow. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, dancook said:

It's the high ISO ability of the monochrom sensor which has me wanting.

That's true

20 minutes ago, dancook said:

With the M10M I only had the 28 Lux and no budget for colour camera / other lens (I spent the rest of my money upgrading 2 x A9 - > 2 x A1 + 35/135 GM)

When the M10M I used the rear screen a lot, and the 28 lux I used f8 a lot ('a lot' relative to the short time I owned  it)

I already love the Q series camera, the focal length, the operation, the versatility macro/AF/crop tool.

I realised it's not crazy to have both the Q2 and Q2M :)

selling the M10M + 28LUX affords me both the Q2 and Q2M and change..

Got the Q2M for £4100, 1 month old, 25 snaps - such a good price - just looking out for a Q2 now.

I would stick on the Q2 colour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 3 Stunden schrieb dancook:

It's the high ISO ability of the monochrom sensor which has me wanting.

having the SL2 I also wonder if the Q2M would be the better addition then M10M with maybe only one lens....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, i-Leica said:

having the SL2 I also wonder if the Q2M would be the better addition then M10M with maybe only one lens....

Your SL2 sharing batteries and charger with the Q2M would be a big convenience.

To equal the IQ and FOV of the Q2M, you’d be looking at $7.5K for the 28 Lux-M on top of $9K for the M10M body. Add another ~$500 for two extra M10 batteries.

Edited by hdmesa
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 7 Stunden schrieb hdmesa:

Your SL2 sharing batteries and charger with the Q2M would be a big convenience.

To equal the IQ and FOV of the Q2M, you’d be looking at $7.5K for the 28 Lux-M on top of $9K for the M10M body. Add another ~$500 for two extra M10 batteries.

thats what moves me to the Q2M :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2021 at 9:13 AM, dancook said:

With the M10M I only had the 28 Lux and no budget for colour camera / other lens (I spent the rest of my money upgrading 2 x A9 - > 2 x A1 + 35/135 GM)

With the M10M I used the rear screen a lot, and the 28 lux I used f8 a lot ('a lot' relative to the short time I owned  it)

I already love the Q series camera, the focal length, the operation, the versatility macro/AF/crop tool.

I realised it's not crazy to have both the Q2 and Q2M :)

selling the M10M + 28LUX affords me both the Q2 and Q2M and change..

Got the Q2M for £4100, 1 month old, 25 snaps - such a good price - just looking out for a Q2 now.

I have both the Q2 and Q2M. I consider myself to be reasonably proficient at converting color files to B&W, but the images from the Q2M are unquestionably superior.  Putting aside technical differences, I find that the Monochrom's images have a presence that I have never gotten from any other camera.  Consequently, I am finding color photos to be a bit boring in comparison.  I have been thinking of selling the Q2, but then it is the best color sensor camera that I own. (My CL with the top lenses is no slouch, but I have yet to find a wide angle lens that satisfies me.)

Edited by robgo2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T25UFO said:

The view from my back garden . . . only joking . . . nice view just the same!

Some nice, very impressive, old trees left and right. Any idea how old ? Very nice composition with the pavillon and the bridge on the spot where branches of both trees come together.  The water is guiding you to the pavilion. Nice composition. I like it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2021 at 6:52 PM, GHA said:

Some nice, very impressive, old trees left and right. Any idea how old ? Very nice composition with the pavillon and the bridge on the spot where branches of both trees come together.  The water is guiding you to the pavilion. Nice composition. I like it. 

This is the Elysian Garden and Tea House Bridge at Audley End (Essex UK).  The garden dates back to the mid 1700s.  Not sure the age of the trees, bu I would guess around 300 years.  A nice place to spend some time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was their first time braving the water, took all the shots blind since I was shooting from around my ankles

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2021 at 12:56 PM, fotografr said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's ever too early for Rauzan to be out.

Unfortunately you are not wrong.....6:30AM is the absolute latest he feels anyone should be asleep, and he is very effective at enforcing the 'all hands' call. He was 6 months old on May 8th - I'm hoping this phase will pass before long. I'll post some Q2M posts of him, hopefully later today.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dancook said:

This was their first time braving the water, took all the shots blind since I was shooting from around my ankles

 

 

 

 

These are excellent dog photos. It can b a challenge to get goot photos of them with a 28mm lens, and getting down so the camera is at or below eye level would be a lot easier if Leica would give us a fold out rear LCD. Keep them coming please!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, billh said:

These are excellent dog photos. It can b a challenge to get goot photos of them with a 28mm lens, and getting down so the camera is at or below eye level would be a lot easier if Leica would give us a fold out rear LCD. Keep them coming please!

it would be handy for waist level shooting with street photography too :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...