Leica Q2 Monochrom - Image Thread

RobM

On 4/22/2021 at 10:34 AM, francipaq said:

Thank you for this photo which is very nice.
However, it is a pity that it did not come from a Q2 Monochrome, but from a Q2 (to stay in the topic of this forum).
You are however gladly forgiven ...😉  🙏

Thanks!

I am really in love with this camera!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 15

Dance like nobody's watching you (even when your big brother is!)

• Like 12

Audley End House on a rather grey and dismal day.

• Like 8

Advertisement (gone after registration)

18 minutes ago, T25UFO said:

Audley End House on a rather grey and dismal day.

That's a LOT of window acreage, they probably won't have noticed the grey and dismal outside!

1of2 ...the family church for Lanhydrock house & garden (NT) - (Cornwall) - LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO400 1-1250 sec f8

• Like 11

2of2 ...circling gull turned out to be a banking incoming Hercules - the family church for Lanhydrock house & garden (NT) - (Cornwall) - LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO400 1-1250 sec f8

It was so quiet... until overhead when it was much louder. The landing lights are on but no flaps. It seems to be heading for
Newquay Airport (civil not military) but that's about 20km distant. Think it was on a low flying exercise down the valley keeping
low. Caught me by surprise (my ears are better than my eyes) so I forgot to keep shooting as it roared past seemingly hanging
blimp-like in the sky almost above us. Just didn't expect to be buzzed by the military out in normally peaceful rural Cornwall😎 Edited by piran
typos/eyesight :-| ...added URL
  • Like 18

slates, lead and granite greys - kitchen roof and rear of Lanhydrock house & garden (NT) - (Cornwall) - LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO400 1-2000 sec f8

• Like 15

magnolia Heptapeta (syn.m.denudata) - Lanhydrock house & garden (NT) - (Cornwall) - LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO400 1-16000 sec f4

• Like 8

1 gatehouse - 2 visitors - 4 dogs - Lanhydrock house & garden (NT) - (Cornwall) - LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO800 1-8000 sec f4

• Like 4

mothers and children moving down the park's driveway - Lanhydrock house & garden (NT) - (Cornwall) - LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO800 1-1600 sec f4

I asked about the weird bicycle without pedals ...apparently encourages the child to learn balance. Well, mine
had rear outrigger tiny wheels that, one day, just 'disappeared' thereby forcing me to learn balance... things
are done differently nowadays. I was also thrown into the deep end of the pool to encourage me to learn to
swim ...oh, yes, it worked as I could swim before I could walk. I could walk before I could talk ...so it was
a really good thing I could swim😎
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, piran said:

1of2 ...the family church for Lanhydrock house & garden (NT) - (Cornwall) - LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO400 1-1250 sec f8

Lovely church - I remember visiting some years ago.  I can just about see the Hercules plane in the distance.  What was the crop on the second photo of the Hercules?

4 minutes ago, T25UFO said:

Lovely church - I remember visiting some years ago.  I can just about see the Hercules plane in the distance.  What was the crop on the second photo of the Hercules?

Agreed. Never been inside though (always something - rebuilding - Covid-19 etc) maybe one day after we get back to something more normal.

The second photo was actually the third frame from the event. There was a fourth after swinging way over to the left but the Herc was already below the hillside. They fly past so quickly when that low. 

Can't really 'quote' the crop (resizes) but to compose that edit what 'shows' in C1's 'fit' edit is slightly smaller than is normal. The usual double-clicking 'magnification' is no longer active. So, pretty much one-to-one? Also the output routine is set to the forum recommended longest edge of 2480px which itself is yet another resize.

However, to put it all another way... I never moved off my spot for all the frames and, as you know, it's a fixed length lens camera. Just physically swivelled left. After the first three frames (I shoot single shots pretty much always) I saw all the foreground bush and tree foliage get in frame - EVF (right eye). Instinctively assumed the auto focus would front focus on the greenery (not the plane) so stopped actually shooting. Continued taking in the scene 'live' with my left eye (I keep both eyes open unless shooting against the light). I tried for a tail view frame to the far left but forgot about the hillside higher up behind me - just got some treeline. It all happened so quickly. Any more detail captured and published might've landed me in trouble... well, it would've in other countries!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, piran said:

1 gatehouse - 2 visitors - 4 dogs - Lanhydrock house & garden (NT) - (Cornwall) - LEICA Q2 MONO - ISO800 1-8000 sec f4

What a great scene!

3 minutes ago, billh said:

What a great scene!

Cheers. Was holding off for the pooches to group up better... had to go for it as there were other walkers just about to enter from the left. Both my eyes open... timing is all.

On 3/23/2021 at 5:32 PM, T25UFO said:

Ems learning with my Q2 . . . she is going to be a good photographer!

It's great to see the art being carried on by another generation.  Well done!