Leica Q2 Monochrom - Image Thread

RobM

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Q2 Monochrom (macro/closeup mode)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, HansiMustermann said:

The headphones look fantastic. Are they that good, too? What's the name of the model?

They are Master & Dynamic MW65 noise cancelling headphones.  The noise cancellation is not as strong as in some Bose and Sony models, but sonically, they are said to be superior--close to or at audiophile level.  I am not an expert, but these are by far the best headphones that I have ever owned.

Blown away by the sharpness of the Q2M.

f/1.7, ISO 400, 1/50 sec.

Mastin Labs "Superia 400" with edits to the color channels' midpoint curves.

Crop:

• Like 9

Vanity Photo.  Weak Sepia.  

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Still messing around at home with the Q2M

Macro mode with Elpro adapter

• Like 9

It's OK - I have just discovered something called Google...

The official release notes, from Leica:

Leica Camera expands its portfolio of accessories with the introduction of the Leica ELPRO 52, a closeup lens attachment that extends the capabilities of Leica M and TL-lenses for macro photography. The compact and lightweight Leica ELPRO 52 is easily transported, quick to set up and easy to use on any compatible lens.

The ELPRO 52 expands the photographer’s capabilities and gets the photographer closer to the subjects by greatly reducing focusing distance. This allows for maximum magnifications as high as 1:1, depending on the lens it is paired with. ELPRO 52 expands the photographer’s capabilities and gets the photographer closer to the subjects by greatly reducing focusing distance. Its optical construction comprises of two cemented lens elements with anti-reflective multi-coating. This ensures images are crisp, sharp and practically free from chromatic aberrations. The ELPRO 52 makes it possible to capture impressively detailed, close-up images with a newfound level of depth using lenses you already own.

The close-up lens will natively fit all 52 mm filter threads, and is supplied with two stepping ring adapters for 46 and 49mm sizes. This packaged combination of the native 52 mm size plus stepping rings allows the ELPRO 52 to be mounted on more than 20 different Leica M and TL-Lenses. The set comes packaged in a leather case. Other stepping rings can be purchased separately to adapt the ELPRO 52 to lenses smaller than 46mm, though they must be purchased from other suppliers and at the user’s discretion.

The above photo was taken at a distance of approximately 7-8cm @ f8.  The focusing plane was not perfectly parallel to the wrench.  Obviously, the combination of macro + Elpro works very well.  I do not know what the minimum focusing distance is. 

I am super-impressed with the Q2M.  When I ordered it, I figured there was a 50% chance that I would end up returning it.  Now, I can't wait to be liberated from the Covid lockdown, so that I can get out in the world and do some real black & white photography.

Edited by robgo2
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, robgo2 said:

The above photo was taken at a distance of approximately 7-8cm @ f8.  The focusing plane was not perfectly parallel to the wrench.  Obviously, the combination of macro + Elpro works very well.  I do not know what the minimum focusing distance is. 

I am super-impressed with the Q2M.  When I ordered it, I figured there was a 50% chance that I would end up returning it.  Now, I can't wait to be liberated from the Covid lockdown, so that I can get out in the world and do some real black & white photography.

This is a worthy ambition. I also can't wait to get out.

Winter activities

• Like 8

Hello,

I am a long reading only member of the forum and I decided today to share some of my Q2M images. So hello to everybody.

I shot mainly in black and white with several 50mm lenses. I was one of the first MM users in2012 and switched over to M10M in January last year: The day before the 2nd lockdown in Austria I added the Q2M and I am very happy with it. I really like the smaller possible focus distance in comparison to the M, especially the macro mode.

I hope you will enjoy the pictures.

Rudi

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1