Fotos 2.2.3 released - dual card support

MediaFotografie

No update on the Android side yet, but I tried 2.2.4 for iOS on my iPad Pro (2 years old). Connection was quick (by Fotos standards) on the first try.. No error messages.  I worked in Remote for a while, and lost the AF square, then lost remote function altogether.  Everything came back to working again when I disconnected, closed the app, and then opened it and reconnected.  I have my SL2 set up to write to chip 1 until that chip is full, then to chip 2, and my chip 2 is empty. Has anyone used this new Fotos with a few shots on each chip so that you can tell if Fotos sees the pics on the second chip?  Has anyone tried with DNGs on chip 1 and jpegs on chip 2?  Or identical files on the two chips, for redundancy?

vor 12 Stunden schrieb scott kirkpatrick:

No update on the Android side yet, but I tried 2.2.4 for iOS on my iPad Pro (2 years old). Connection was quick (by Fotos standards) on the first try.. No error messages.  I worked in Remote for a while, and lost the AF square, then lost remote function altogether.  Everything came back to working again when I disconnected, closed the app, and then opened it and reconnected.  I have my SL2 set up to write to chip 1 until that chip is full, then to chip 2, and my chip 2 is empty. Has anyone used this new Fotos with a few shots on each chip so that you can tell if Fotos sees the pics on the second chip?  Has anyone tried with DNGs on chip 1 and jpegs on chip 2?  Or identical files on the two chips, for redundancy?

I could only talk about the iOS; I used "backup modus" with two cards, DNG only; the cards have different sizes and different content (the smaler one less); no problems!

5 hours ago, mediafotografie said:

I could only talk about the iOS; I used "backup modus" with two cards, DNG only; the cards have different sizes and different content (the smaler one less); no problems!

Thanks.  It seems only the iOS version has upgraded at present.  But you were writing identical files to both chips, with other stuff on each chip which was not identical?  Can you view the material on chip #2 which is not on chip #1.  I'm just trying to think of all cases.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb scott kirkpatrick:

Thanks.  It seems only the iOS version has upgraded at present.  But you were writing identical files to both chips, with other stuff on each chip which was not identical?  Can you view the material on chip #2 which is not on chip #1.  I'm just trying to think of all cases.

Hi Scott, yes, #1 is a small card for recent shots only, #2 is 256gb for backup; I can access both cards without problems, same way as viewing the files on the display

thomas

...after trying 2.2.4 on my SL2 together with an iPhone for some days another comment:
GPS via BT has become much much much better! In my setup now it works as expected, turning the SL2 on and after some seconds it receives GPS data from the iPhone.

First christmas gift, very welcome...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MediaFotografie said:

no - today! 2.2.6 is out (iOS), they're very fast...

Bugfixes only (reconnect to SL2 and Q2)

great!!!!. however, the teply I received from Leica was I believe more related yo the Q2M - obviously it will benefit other models too that use the app

There are now two versions of Fotos on iOS.  Fotos is at 2.2.6 and Fotos for iPad is at 2.2.5 . I don't know if they now have diffeent properties.  And Android Fotos is at 2.2.4 now   I had to delete the information for my phone before Android Fotos 2.2.4 would connect, but no problem after that.  No problem with having two chips in my SL2.

I think the Android Fotos lags behind the iOS version(s).  It has been that way before.  But version numbers may not be meaningful when comparing two of the three versions.  That is, Foros 2.4 on Android may well have the same functions as Fotos 2.5 or .6 on iOS, at least on paper.